Chapter 1060

Meanwhile, back with Matt & Gabby:
Gabby's POV: As I stood in the kitchen of our home, I smiled because I just saw Matt starting the laundry. "Thank heaven's I was going to ask you to do that at some point today." Matt chuckled when I said that before nodding when he noticed that Matteo was relaxing on the couch. "Let me guess, you are making him something to eat?" I nodded and smiled when he asked. "I think he's due. I don't remember the last time we fed him." Matt smiled when I said that and nodded before going to sit next to Matteo. "Hey bud, you hungry?"

Matteo just looked up at him and smiled at bit. He has been starting to smile more and believe me when I say this...that smile of his gets me in a way that Matt's smile hasn't got me in a while. For some reason, ever since we started dating the first time around...Matt just has to flash a certain smile to me and I'm jelly in his hands. Not so much now though because that is more Matteo than him. However, what do you expect. Matt is his father. Just another way I see Matt in Matteo every day.

That's when I saw Matt pick Matteo up and put him on his chest. "Someone want some daddy time or you just want to play?": Matt then went to lay back on the couch and smiled. "Hey, that's my reserved spot when we are cuddling." Matt then looked up at me and smirked. "Oh boo hoo, you can learn to share. After all, this guy seems pretty comfortable when I am holding him on my chest this way. Must get it from his mom." Matt then kissed his forehead and smiled as he held him close. "Anyways, you get enough of my strong arms around you."

I nodded and agreed. "Yet, I keep coming back and waiting more." Matt nodded and agreed, loving the sound of that. That's when I heard the oven alarm go off. Walking over, I then moved to get the pizza I made out of the oven so that we could eat. "Oh, that reminds me. Groceries are due to be picked up whenever you want. Think you can go get them when we're done eating?" Matt nodded and smiled. "Target again?" I nodded and smiled at him. "I have a basic list and just add stuff to it. Oh, however...you need to go in and get us some wine for New Year's Eve. I signed us up to bring Chicken Wings and Wine."

Matt nodded and smiled when I said that. "A glass of wine sounds great on New Year's Eve. Toasting to a new year full of adventures. God, while we are having great adventures now, what I really can't wait for is when we can go places with Matteo. I don't want him to be an indoor kid. We are going to go on hikes and stuff. We just need to find some hiking trails we can use." I agreed and smiled when he said that. "Sounds perfect. And that sounds adorable. Him strapped to that muscular chest of yours while we hike."

Matt laughed and smiled when I said that. "Okay, calm down Gabby and remember that he's right here." I nodded and smiled. "Sorry, you just do that to me." I agreed and smiled. "Just to let you know, I talked to Boden and he said that he is not docking any of our furlough time. What we used after Matteo's birth is not going to be considered furlough time. Also, he is reinstating all the furlough time that you've accumulated from before you left to go to Puerto Rico."

I smiled when he said that because that was perfect. "Great, because I got a lot of vacation time banked then. I think I have 2 months worth." Matt sighed. "I am not that far along. I probably have 3 weeks, maybe 4 if I'm lucky. So...I want to save it for the summer. I am trying to book the two weeks around Matteo's first birthday off so we can do something. He'll be walking by then so we can do something fun." I agreed and loved the idea. "That sounds perfect."

I then went to finish lunch and decided to bring it to the living room for us. "Just to let you know, I am not coming to Target with you. You are going alone. Still have bad memories there." Matt nodded and understood. "However, you have to face your fears eventually Gabby." I sighed and then sat down next to him. Feeling him put his hand in my lap, I went to grab it and then intertwined our fingers. "In the new year okay? I am not ready to end this year traumatized."

Matt nodded and understood before rubbing my back. "Sure thing. But listen, let's eat because then I have to go get the groceries." I nodded and agreed, ready to eat lunch.