Chapter 1070

Will's POV: After making our way upstairs to Goodwin's office, I could tell that Natalie was nervous. I then decided to turn her around and looked at her before we headed into the office. Stepping close to her, I rubbed her arm and smiled at her. "Natalie, relax. Goodwin knows you are always going to be a mom first. Normally, there would be daycare here but...since it's closed right now, we need to take the time off. So, relax and remember that we are not asking for too much. And if you won't relax for your health...then do it for this little one."

I then moved my hand to her stomach and smiled. "Only a few more days until the next scan." I nodded and smiled when she said that before going to knock on Goodwin's door. "Come in." I smiled and then walked in with Natalie. We then both looked at her and smiled. "Good afternoon Mrs. Goodwin." Goodwin then looked up at us both and smiled at Natalie. "You sure are growing aren't you Dr. Manning?" Natalie smiled and nodded. "Just wish the stress wasn't that high right now. Hopefully, you can help me with that." Goodwin nodded. "What's wrong?"

Natalie sighed and looked at her. "Well, Helen just told me that she's not feeling good and won't be able to watch Owen on New Year's Eve. Now, I know that we are schedule to work that night but...I already tried everybody. I tried Will's brother, Matt and Gabby as well as Antonio and Sylvie. Mrs. Goodwin, I know that you need doctors since we are expecting a lot of new possible patients but...I don't know whether I can do it. And honestly, I feel like I need the time to rest. Just today's stress is going to screw me up for the next few days."

Mrs. Goodwin nodded at the both of us. "Natalie, I'm a mom too. I completely understand. And honestly, you shouldn't have to stress about this while you are pregnant. So yes, you can take time off. Stay off until January 2nd." Natalie smiled when she said that. "I am so happy with that. Thank you Mrs. Goodwin." Goodwin then turned to look at Will. "And Dr. Halstead, you might as well take it off too." He was shocked that she was offering it. "I was going to ask but, never expected it." She laughed and smiled. "It's your first New Year's as husband and wife, take it off."

I smiled when she said that and nodded. "Thank you so much. However, if you want...I can finish the shift today." Mrs. Goodwin nodded and liked that idea. "Oh, that was always the plan. I already knew about Natalie leaving because I heard the Owen was dropping off and saw her sign out. I have extra doctors coming in on New Year's Eve. I can do without you for New Year's Eve. However, not right now." I nodded and agreed. "Do you mind if I walk Natalie out before I get back to work?" She nodded and smiled. "Have a good time off Dr. Manning and Happy New Year." We both nodded and smiled, walking away.

Turning to look at Natalie as we walked away, I smiled at her. "Well, that went much easier than expected. You aren't mad that I am working until the end of shift right?" Natalie shook her head. "Of course not. I am just glad we get New Year's Eve off. Our first one as husband and wife should be spent at home." I smiled when she said that and nodded when we got to the elevator. Kissing her head, I smiled when we walked into the elevator together.

Once the elevator doors closed, I smiled as Natalie stepped close to me and then leaned in to kiss me softly. I then moved my hand to her stomach and smiled as I held my beautiful wife and our future child close. "Cant wait for this one to come in the New Year." Natalie then looked at me. "Calm down, I'm not due until early August. However, I am going to keep working until around Independence Day. Then, I am going to take time off before the birth."

I nodded and agreed with her decision. "So, a couple weeks after my first father's day." Natalie chuckled and smiled. "Yes, now you do realize that I am still keeping up my tradition of going to the cemetery that day right?" I knew what she meant and nodded. "Of course Natalie. While I may be Owen's legal father...I will never replace his biological father. I promise that I will never stop you from doing that." Natalie smiled and liked that. "Listen, I need to get going."

I smiled and agreed, giving her one last kiss before letting her go. She then walked away before me when I came out of the elevator and went to see Maggie. Maggie then looked at me. "Natalie going home?" I nodded. "I'm staying until end of shift. So, who's next?" Maggie then chuckled and went to check. "Can you go check on Mr. Price in Trauma 2? I think he needs to be prepped for surgery." I then looked at her. "Ray Price?"

Maggie then went to check. "Yes, why?" I then shook my head. "That's the undercover mission that ruined my first wedding." Maggie then sighed. "Will, just go. You're married now. Unless you want me to give it to Dr. Clarke?" I then looked up at him. "Jeff Clarke?" Maggie was about to say something when I heard Jeff walk up behind me. "Yes, they want me here today instead of at McCormick Place. They have more patients here apparently."

I then turned to look at him and smiled. "Did you see Owen while he was here?" Jeff smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I did. I also talked to Natalie. Congratulations by the way. Her other Jeff would've liked the guy she picked to be Owen's new dad." I smiled when he said that. "You sure he wouldn't have preferred you?" Jeff shook his head. "Long story that doesn't matter. Now, you want me to take over a patient?"

I nodded and went to give him the patient file. "He ruined my first wedding with Natalie. The one where we didn't get married." Jeff nodded and agreed. He then looked at Maggie. "What room?" Maggie smiled at him. "Trauma 2." Jeff then walked away to take care of Ray Price. 

Jeff's POV: As I walked into the room, I went to introduce myself. "Hi Mr. Price, I am Dr. Clarke. How are you feeling?" The patient then looked at me. "I requested Dr. Halstead." I sighed and shook my head. "He has requested that you no longer get him to be your doctor. Makes sense considering you ruined his first wedding." He then looked at me and sighed. "He told you about that?" I nodded. "So, please stop asking him. I don't want you to hurt his pregnant wife." He was shocked when I said that. "Okay, she's pregnant. Then I'll stop."

I nodded and smiled. "Now, what seems to be the problem?" I then went to work with the patient when I saw my former co-Worker come in with a patient. I would talk to him when I am done. I am just hoping that he doesn't leave before I am done.