Chapter 1048

Jay's POV: As I made my way upstairs to the Intelligence Unit, I smiled as I walked in to see Erin getting our food out at her desk. However, what got me even more excite was the fact that Mouse as in today. "Mouse!" He then turned to look at me and smiled. "Hey man, glad we can finally see each other in person." Erin turned to look at him and smiled. "I didn't know anybody was going to be here." Mouse sighed and nodded. "I'm here in case tech stuff isn't working. Since everybody is working remotely. Well, other than you guys...I need to make sure the servers don't crash since everybody has to access them remotely."

I nodded and agreed before smiling. "You liking your new job here at the Unit?" Mouse nodded and smiled. "Yes, you are looking at the new Assistant Deputy Head of...." I then went to finish his sentence. "...Undercover Operations - Technical Aspects". He seemed shocked I already knew his full title. "Okay, do you have like a superbrain or something because I can barely remember my new title." I chuckled and smiled. "That's because I was the one that suggested it. By the way, you report to me now. I am the Asst. Deputy Head for Undercover Operations." Mouse smiled.

"That means we are going to be working very closely once again." I smiled and nodded. "How was Afghanistan anyways?" Mouse smiled. "It was nice to be there but, there's nothing like being home. Once I heard that you were going to be a dad....I knew that I had to come back. Sorry but, fighting terrorists is fun but, watching you screw up at being a dad is going to be hilarious." I shook my head. "Nice try man, I am not going to screw up. Remember who my father-in-law is." I then went to sit down at my desk and looked at Erin.

"You going to keep your desk or sit in Hank's office babe?" Erin then looked at me and smiled. "You guys talk out here and catch up. I need to check my e-mails in the office." I nodded and agreed. "Don't forget to sanitize!" Erin agreed and walked away to go sit in Hank's office. I then turned to look at Mouse and smiled. "Crazy world this COVID stuff. What's it like in Kabul?" Mouse sighed. "On base, it's really scary. I mean, we are in cramped quarters."

I nodded and understood what he meant, the barracks they have there for soldiers are very tight and you are very close to all of your fellow brothers-in-arms for hours. "I am just glad to be here again, probably less risk to catch it." I nodded and smiled. "Just promise that you don't come into the office if you feel bad. I don't need Erin catching it while she's pregnant. That and her mom already died from it." Mouse stared at me, shocked. "I'm so sorry Jay. Should I?" I just shook my head. "Not right now."

That's when I heard Erin come out and put some stuff on the board. "Okay, so I want to talk to you guys about this case Voight said is ongoing. Antonio, Ruzek, Burgess, Upton and Atwater are already working on it from home." Erin then went to explain the case to us and I sighed. "You sure that you want this to be your first case as head Er? I mean..." Erin just glared at me and I knew I was in shit. She didn't like to be treated with kid gloves. But, she was pregnant and she couldn't just do it all.

"Jay, not now. I am not your pregnant wife right now! I am interim head of Intelligence." I shook my head and went to grab the food. I then saw her get a little shaky before giving her food. "Sure, because I am not going to make sure you eat while being pregnant." Erin groaned and looked at me before nodding. I then went to sit back down before listening. "Okay, so this one involves prostitutes being brought across state lines." I then went to grab my food and sighed while looking at her. And I thought to myself, 'Just great, a personal case to start.'"

I then snapped out of it when Erin yelled my name. "Jay!" I turned to look at her and then smiled. "I said, do you have any ideas that we can safely do a sting operation to see what's going on in the place where the girls are hiding?" I thought about it and nodded. "Upton and Atwater could get in the club. Put a listening device in. That way we get insight into what exactly they are doing to the girls in hiding. We need to figure out if drugs are involved."

Erin nodded before looking at Mouse. "You have any devices like that?" Mouse nodded and looked at her. "Yes, I will go get them." He then got up and went to run downstairs to his tech shop. I then decided to get up and walked over to her. "Erin, that was not cool what you did." Erin then turned to look at me. "Me? I am not going to be treated as your pregnant wife. I am your equal when we are running this." I just glared at her. "You were shaking and it looked like you were about to fall. Sorry but, that's too far."

Erin sighed and nodded. "I guess I am just worried about screwing up." I nodded and understood as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "As long as you give it your best shot, that's all that matters." Erin nodded before laying her head down on my chest. That's when Antonio called. I backed up from Erin and then went to answer my phone. "Hey Antonio, we're at the district. What's up?" Antonio sighed. "I just looked into the prostitution ring case. We are going to have to work with Manhattan SVU and CPD Narcotics divisions on that one."

Erin was confused. "Why exactly?" Antonio sighed. "I traced back some of the financials. The club they own here in Chicago is owned by the same LLC that owns a club in Manhattan's lower east side. I wanted to know if you wanted to contact Benson or if I should?" Erin smiled and then looked at me. "There is no way you are contacting her, I will." Antonio agreed. "I will send Jay or you an e-mail with what I got so far." I agreed and then hung up.

Walking over to my desk, I looked at Erin. "You call SVU and I will take care of this." Erin agreed and nodded as she walked over to her new office (for the time being) to call Olivia Benson.