Chapter 1064

Meanwhile, back at the district:
Jay's POV: As I sat in the office working on some cases, I sighed since this one was getting complicated. The drugs were being transported inside some of the girls and it was very graphic. We finally found one of the victims of the drug trafficking scheme and she detailed exactly what she did. I am just glad that I insisted on doing the interrogation with Hailey instead of with Erin. We were partners before Erin came back and it was nice to be with her to question the victim because I knew that Erin would've been too emotional to deal with some of the information.

That's when I heard Erin walk over to me and sit on my desk. Looking up at her, I smiled as I put my hand on her leg. "So, was I right when it came to me saying I could've dealt with it?": I sighed and shook my head. "No, I was right. This one would've hit too close to home for you and you would have run out at some of the details. Heck, some of them were too gruesome for even me to listen to. These girls went through so much, it made me vomit. Especially considering you are pregnant, I can't help but think about what I would do in this case if our daughter was a victim."

Erin nodded and understood before moving to rub my cheek. "We'll get through it together Jay." I nodded and sighed before extending my hand. "Not happening. We aren't at home. So, no...I am not going to sit in your lap." I agreed and smiled at her. "Later maybe when we are home?" Erin nodded and smiled. "Later, I want a massage and I don't want to leave bed. I am going to bring some case files home so we can work from home tomorrow. I only want to come in when we start a new case." I liked the idea and nodded. "Should we run it by Antonio?" 

Erin nodded and then went to grab her phone. She then went to find Antonio's number and then called him. I just hoped he wasn't busy. I knew he needed to go pick up groceries for Sylvie since she was getting hungry and they needed to fill up. Luckily for Erin, he answered. "Hey Antonio, sorry for calling you on your lunch break." Erin then put it on speakerphone so that I could listen into the conversation. "It's fine Erin, we get a lead on the case?" Erin sighed and shook her head. "I wish we did but, I'm actually calling to see if we could do this remotely tomorrow."

Antonio chuckled. "I was actually going to ask you the same thing. I brought my work laptop home and have the digital files on me. We should just do that for further notice. I mean, you shouldn't even be there. You're pregnant Erin." I looked up at her and nodded. "You getting tired?" Erin sighed and nodded. "Antonio, I am going to leave this place open but, I am going to head home. If you need anything, call Jay's cell phone okay? We're going to work from bed."

Antonio chuckled and nodded. "The stuff we do for our wives, am I right Jay?" I chuckled and nodded before looking up at Erin. "Yes. But, I have a feeling that the reason Erin wants to go home isn't just because of the fact she's tired." Erin sighed and nodded. "Yes, it feels weird to be here without Hank. There, I said it! You happy?" I sighed and looked at her. "Antonio, you have a good time working from home. We'll call you later when we do a conference." Antonio agreed and then hung up.

Once he hung up, I looked at Erin and got up. I then went to grab her hand and stepped close to her. "Erin, you don't have to be ashamed to admit that you are worried about Hank. That's completely normal." Erin agreed and sighed. "Still getting used to the fact that I can let my guard down again. While I was in New York, it's what I was always taught to do." I nodded and understood. I then decided to help her up and wrapped my arms around her.

I then kissed her head and whispered to her. "You can let me in always okay Erin?" Erin nodded and smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. We continued kissing for a few minutes when we were interrupted by Atwater. "Woah, when Antonio said you guys were all over each other...he wasn't wrong?" I turned to look at him and smiled. "Just to let you know, you are all alone here if you are working here. We are going to go work from home."

Kevin nodded and smiled when he looked at Erin. "You've blossomed since we last saw you. How you feeling with the morning sickness?" Erin smiled as she turned to look at him. "I'm doing better. However, we were actually just going to head home. If you want, you can keep working here but...you are going to be alone." Kevin nodded and smiled. "Then I came at a good time. I think we should always have one person here to answer the phones." Erin then sighed and I could tell that was a tough sentence to hear.

I then wrapped my arm around her and kissed her head. "Nadia?" She nodded and sighed as she turned to look at me. "Think we can head home now?" I nodded and smiled. "Let me grab our things and we can go." I then walked away to the office so we could grab our stuff. "I'm heading out to the car okay Jay?" I nodded and then walked out of the office to pass her the keys. She caught them and smiled. "Still got it." I nodded and smiled. "You can get in but I am driving. It's my truck. I am holding you to the agreement we came to with regards to driving when you left."

Erin then looked at me and shook her head. "We will talk about that on the way home." I nodded and knew not to push it too much with her considering I might want pleasure later. I then walked back into the office and went to grab the rest of our stuff when I heard Atwater. "I swear, just like old times. She has you wrapped around her finger." I nodded and smiled when he said that as I walked out. "Called being married. Also, pregnant or not...some men still have needs."

Atwater laughed and smiled. "Ah, I get it now...she's controlling sex during the pregnancy." I nodded. "So, I have to stay in both her and Hank's good graces to make sure I have a healthy sex life." Atwater was confused when I said Hank. "What does Hank have to do with your sex life?" I sighed and looked at him. "He's Erin's dad. If I'm in his bad graces right now, it puts his health at risk. If he dies, I am scared that Erin will blame me." Atwater then nodded and (somewhat) understood. "I think I understand."

I laughed and smiled at him. "Make sure you stay safe and don't stay too later okay? Work from home." He nodded and agreed. "By the way, forgot to say but...congrats on the promotion." I nodded and smiled. "Thanks Atwater. Now listen, I need to get going." We both agreed and smiled as I walked out to go take Erin home.