Chapter 1065

Jay's POV: Once I finished talking with Atwater, I smiled as I made my way downstairs so that I could leave the district. But, I couldn't leave before saying goodbye to Platt. "You guys leaving for the day already?" I turned to look at her and sighed. "Erin's getting tired and we thought we could work from home. Not like we are doing stuff here that we can't do from home on the laptops we have from the CPD." Platt nodded and agreed. "How's Hank doing?" I smiled when she asked. "He's doing better. My brother's taking care of him so...he's doing his best. He knows that if Hank dies...he's dead."

Trudy chuckled a bit but then went back to her normal face. I then smiled at her. "Sergeant was that a laugh?" I acted shocked and smiled. "Relax, your secret's safe with me. I know in private you are much more expressive. Learned that from Matt Casey." She nodded and smiled. "Sometimes I really do not like the fact that you are friends with him but, then I like the idea considering you need friends who have newborns. Honestly, you must have thousands of questions for them." I nodded and agreed.

"Listen, I need to head out." That's when I saw Erin walk in with someone we hadn't seen in a long time. It was Sean Roman wearing a CPD Uniform. "Roman, didn't know you were back." He nodded and smiled. "What can I say, I missed the CPD." He then walked over to Sgt. Platt. "What car am I driving for this shift Sergeant?" She then went to give him his car. "Don't complain. You get the bad car because you are the newest cop." He nodded and then walked away.

I smiled as he walked by. "I want to let you know Erin that he's on my list to get up in intelligence someday. He worked with Burgess. So, they might work good together." Erin turned to look at me and shook her head. "She's permanently partnered with Ruzek, they are having a baby after all. It's like how we are permanent partners now." I nodded and agreed as I wrapped my arm around her. I then kissed her forehead before leading her out of the district.

Walking out of the district to head home, I smiled as I kissed her forehead while leading her out to the truck so that I could drive her home.