Chapter 1045

Gabby's POV: Once me and Matt got in the van to drive Sylvie home, I buckled up and looked at Matt. He was about to leave but I stopped him. "Wait a minute Matt, we need to talk to Sylvie here first." Matt then nodded and turned to look at Sylvie. Staring at her, I was shocked. "What the hell was that? You think maybe you could've told us first? Sylvie, we're family! Now just because you are Antonio's fiancé but because I've been your paramedic partner since you got to Firehouse 51. You don't think you maybe should've talked to me about this before?"

Sylvie sighed and looked at me. "Gabby, I didn't want you to influence me. I knew this would happen. I already made my mind up. It's for safety. I already know that Antonio is not quitting his job at the CPD so, I needed to so something to guarantee that I was going to be there for the twins. And I didn't know when I would see everybody next. It's not really something I wanted to do via e-mail or text message. C'mon Gabby, you have to understand that." Matt then turned to look at me and grabbed her hand. "Gabby, just relax okay? She didn't say permanently."

I then turned to look at Sylvie to see if that's what she meant. "Sylvie?" Sylvie sighed and looked at us both. "Gabby, I am not sure. But as far as I know...it might be permanent. I am still trying to lobby for that CPD-MED-FIRE liaison position to be created. Remember, the one you said would be a good idea to help co-ordinate investigations and stuff?" Matt then backed her up and looked at me. "You did say it was a good idea Gabby." I then saw him start to drive away. "Who's side are you on!" I looked at her. "Right now, I'm on Antonio's side so I don't get in shit!"

I was confused when he said that. "What do you mean?" Matt looked at me. "You think Antonio's going to blame you if you get her stressed out and something happens to one of the twins? NO, he's going to blame me because I let it happen. So, I am acting as the referee to make sure that nothing happens which can cause Sylvie to get stressed out." I sighed and understood what Matt meant and decided just to talk to Sylvie calmly as Matt drove away. "Sorry, it's just...we are family. If you explained it to me like that, I would've understood."

Sylvie was shocked when I said that. "Really?" I nodded. "Sylvie, I'm a mom now too. And I would understand it completely because of my condition. I get needing to be careful to protect your health and being there for your kids. It's why I got the abortion when we got pregnant recently. Sylvie, you have to lean on family. I am your sister Sylvie!" Sylvie then nodded and smiled at me, really relaxed. Matt then looked up at her. "You eat recently Sylvie?"

Sylvie then shook her head. "I can always go for more food." Matt chuckled when she said that. "How about it Gabby? What do you say we go through the drive-thru at iHop and grab us some pancakes so that we don't have to cook this morning. Unless you want to go somewhere else?" I smiled and loved the idea. "I love the idea, let's do that this morning." Matt then turned to go towards iHop. "You going to buy for me too or do I have to pay? I have my wallet."

I turned to look at her and smiled. "Sylvie, you're family. Family pays for family to eat. So, put that wallet away and just tell me what you want to order." Sylvie smiled and nodded. "Can you just get me a double stack with some orange juice, syrup on the side?" Matt then looked at me. "Double stack?" Sylvie nodded. "I'm eating for three Matt. That's a lot of food." He agree and smiled as he made the last turn before pulling into iHop. I then saw it was a long line and sighed.

"Looks like we have to wait a while. But, funny enough we are literally right behind our friends." Matt then looked ahead and realized that it was Jay and Erin. He then moved to push the Bluetooth button and spoke to it. "Call Jay Halstead Mobile." The car then went ahead and made the call for us. Jay seemed shocked that we were calling. "You guys okay? A little early to be calling us this morning." I chuckled and smiled. "A little early for you to be out at iHop." Jay was confused. "Okay, how do you know that we are at iHop?"

Matt then moved to honk the horn. Jay heard it and then went to yell out his window. "Dude, can't you see that I'm stopped!" Matt then put his head out of the window and glared at him. "You trying to make us deaf?" He then laughed and blushed before going to talk to us. That's when I heard Erin. "Why you laughing at the jerk that just honked at us when we're stuck?" I then decided to answer for Jay. "Thanks for calling my husband a jerk!" Erin then understood.

"Oh, it's you guys. Whoops. Sorry guys." I laughed and smiled. "What are you guys doing out of the house anyways. Aren't you supposed to be quarantining at home?" Jay sighed before answering. "We have to stop at the office to get files. Then, we are headed to the hospital to check on Hank before going home. We're going to be alone at the office so we decided to have breakfast there while we got the files we need." 

Sylvie then decided to add on. "By the way Jay, can you please stop having such late meetings! I get you are co-Interim Heads of Intelligence but, Antonio needs to help me with his kids and homework. I am pregnant with twins after all!" Erin then spoke up. "And he needs to help me calm her down. For crying out loud Jay, this is why I told you that we needed to end those meetings early! Also, you are taking a lunch break because you owe me for last night."

I decided to speak up when we started to move up. "Okay, reminder that we have a baby in the car with us." Jay laughed. "Gabby, he can't even understand what we are talking about yet." Matt agreed and nodded. "You're probably right. Still, at least consider that someday you are going to need to really calm down how you talk about sex around your daughter." Erin then added on. "And around your brother's soon-to-be child with Natalie. Oh, and your nephew."

Jay understood and smiled. "Okay, well listen. We are almost at the ordering menu. So, I am going to call you back when we leave iHop. How does that sound? We can talk on our way home. Then, we can relax." I then sighed while looking at Matteo. "Actually, if you are hanging up...we might as well say goodbye. I see Matteo falling asleep in his car seat which always happens." Matt then looked at him too and smiled. "God, he is adorable."

I smiled when he said that and then grabbed his hand. "He sure is. Bye Jay and Erin." Jay then responded. "Bye guys." He then hung up and pulled forward more to order breakfast for him and Erin.