Chapter 1071

Jeff's POV: As I watch Severide bring in a patient, I smile as I see him bring him in to Trauma 2. Recognizing him as a fellow firefighter, I decided to take the case before Dr. Marcell does. "Dr. Marcell, do you mind if I take this case? I am a former firefighter and friends with this patient." Crockett then turned to look at me and nodded. "Of course. Probably best to have a former firefighter treat one." I nodded and agreed, walking into Trauma 2. That's when I saw it was a firefighter I didn't know. "This guy come from the scene or the firehouse Severide?"

Severide then went to look up at me and smiled. "He's from our firehouse. This is Darren Ritter." I nodded and smiled at him. "Hi, I'm Dr. Clarke. I used to be a firefighter at Firehouse 51." He nodded and smiled. "Can you just get my test done?" Severide then stared at him. "He hit his head. Said he's fine but...I am not too certain about that." I turned to look at Severide and nodded. "Head injury similar to Matt's a few years ago?" Severide then nodded. "What?" I was confused. "Did he not tell you?" I shook my head. "He's out due to lung problems he said."

I nodded and remembered that. "Right, he's a paramedic now with his wife Gabby." Severide smiled when he said that. "Listen Darren, I'm going to call Chief and check is you can take the day off after this. You are not coming back onto squad after hitting your head." He nodded and sighed, agreeing. "Then can you get my stuff for me? Or get Eric to pick it up before coming to get me?" Severide nodded and agreed before taping his foot. "Sure thing. Have a good day."

I then looked at Darren and smiled. "So, Eric your boyfriend?" Darren nodded. "Have a problem with that?" I shook my head. "No, I am just glad you are so open about it. Not that often you see first responders open." Darren nodded and agreed. "Well, I am not your typical first responder. However, I am not ready to tell everybody. So, can you keep this within the CFD?" I nodded and smiled. "Anyways, not like I can talk about anything we talk about. Doctor-Patient/HIPPA Rules." Darren nodded and smiled. "So, what seems to be the problem?"

He sighed and looked at me. "Head injury, just a little shook up. Get headaches at odd times of the night and sometimes during shift." I nodded and understood. "Then, this is a psych. So...I am going to have to get Dr. Charles to look at you. Then, we'll take it from there." Darren nodded and agreed. "And just ahead of time. Thanks for your service and I wanted to let you know that I am rooting for George Floyd to get justice. That should've never happened." Darren nodded and smiled. "I am glad to hear that. I've been to protest before. It's about time we get one gone."

I nodded and agreed. "Listen, I am going to get Dr. Charles for you." I then walked away to go to the football and looked at Dr. Marcell. "Is Dr. Charles still working from home? And if so, how does it work with regards to him doing a psych consult?" Dr. Marcell then looked up at me. "You grab the phone and call him. Then, he does it using the iPad." I nodded and smiled before going to grab an iPad and calling Dr. Charles on the phone. "Dr. Charles speaking."

I then spoke to him. "Dr. Charles, we have a psych consult. iPad 8." Dr. Charles understood. "Give me 2 minute sand I will call you." I nodded and understood before walking back over to Darren. "Okay, you are going to need a psych consult using the iPad." He then looked at me confused. "Pardon me?" I sighed. "We are limiting the number of staff on hand. Our psychiatrist is working from home." He agreed and then grabbed the iPad so that he could talk to Dr. Charles.

I then went to answer for him so that he could talk to Dr. Charles. I then let them be and went back out to the desk.