Chapter 1027

Matt's POV: Once Gabby left to go do inventory in the ambulance, I turned to look at the guys and sighed. "The reason we pushed up the wedding was because of a threat I got to my life." Hermann was shocked when I said that. "Woah, now that's some serious shit. Mind telling us who and what is was about?" I sighed and nodded. "Her dad and over me getting her pregnant. Remember, she could've died if something had gone bad during the pregnancy." Hermann nodded, knowing all about the aneurysm because we told everybody about it. I then sighed. "I wanted to show Gabby and her dad that nothing was going to stop me from marrying her. I was committed to our relationship and nothing was going to change that."

Hermann nodded and smiled when I said that before looking at me. "Any regrets going so fast?" I shook my head. "None whatsoever. In fact, I really don't think we ever should've divorced. I made the biggest mistake of my life by staying back when in reality, I should've gone to Puerto Rico with her. Sorry to tell you that Severide but, I should've picked my wife over my life here in Chicago." Severide nodded and smiled. "Dude, you should've learned from me. I was willing to move to Springfield for a girl. Yet, you can't move to Puerto Rico for your wife?"

I chuckled and nodded. "I don't think I ever thought I would say this but, you're right Severide. I should've followed your lead and followed Gabby to Puerto Rico." Her agreed and smiled before turning to look at Hermann. "Hermann, can we get it on record that Matt said I was right about something with regards to his marriage!" I laughed and nodded. "Oh shut up, if you want to go there...we have a lot of mistakes we can go over with you. But, I am not going to ruin your relationship with Stella because we all know you guys are second in line to be married."

Stella looked at me and was confused. "Who's next to get married?" I smiled when she asked. "Antonio and Sylvie are next in line to get married." She nodded and agreed. "I am still waiting for a proposal from Severide so, slow down." Severide then nodded. "I am working on it. I need to go out shopping with you first anyways." I nodded and smiled. "I'll send you all the pictures of engagement rings that I looked at with Shay. One of those probably would look good."

Severide smiled and liked the idea of getting a ring for Stella that Shay said that she would've liked for me to propose to Gabby with. Severide was about to say something to me when I heard Gabby come in. I then looked at her and smiled. "Hey, we all stocked up?" I nodded. "However, I need to be taught how to attach the exhaust thing again. I forgot since normally...someone does it for me. But, we're low." I nodded and got up, smiling as we walked out together.

Gabby grabbed my hand and looked up at me as we walked out together. "What you talking about in there?" I smiled at her while wrapping my arm around her back. "Oh, just how I should've followed you to Puerto Rico." Gabby smiled and nodded as she cuddled up to me before walking up to the ambulance. I then went to grab the exhaust hose and went to attach it to the ambulance. "Okay, so you just bend down and plug it in here. It comes off automatically."

Gabby nodded and smiled before leaning against the ambulance. Once I got back up, I smiled at her and stepped close to her. "You happy to be back at work?" Gabby nodded and stepped close to me. "Feels like I'm home again. I mean, not that our home doesn't feel like home..." I then stepped close to her and slammed my lips into hers to stop her from talking. "Gabby, I understand." Gabby smiled when I said that and put her hands on my chest. I then turned my head when I heard the ambulance bay open up again. Gianna then pulled in behind us.

"Hey guys, false alarm?" Gianna shook her head. "No, just was ready to go right when we got there. I was shocked. Apparently her mom's a doctor so, she got her boyfriend to get her ready for us." I nodded and liked that. "Well, at least it was an easy call. Now, go rest up. It's our turn next. Unless it's COVID." Gianna nodded when we all heard the bell go off. "Engine 51..." Right when I heard it was a fire, I knew we had to go. Me and Gabby then got it with me driving.

I then waited for everybody else to get in the firetrucks so that they could go first. Gabby agreed with what I was doing because she just grabbed my hand. I watched as all of my former Truck 81 team members got ready and made their way into the Truck. "You miss Truck?" I turned to look at her and shook my head. "I would rather be here." I then intertwined our fingers before watching as both Truck 81 and Squad 3 left the firehouse. We then followed them out with the sirens blaring. I just hoped that this was an easy call. "Hey, if it's COVID...we have to take it."

Gabby nodded and understood. "We'll just be very careful. We can do that Matt. We just wear masks. Anyways, we have better masks than what they are providing at the firehouse. I already put them in here while I was stocking up." I then saw Gabby grab two N-95 masks for us. "Perfect, those fit even better around your mouth and nose." I agreed and then watched as we pulled up to the scene of a police investigation and shooting-turned-fire. I got out and saw it was Hank. "Holy shit, it's Voigt." Gabby then went to grab the backboard. I walked over and checked him.

"What happened?" I looked up at Detective Upton and she told me what's up. "He got shot by the resident here. They then fled the scene. We have a teach catching them. It hit his side." I then yelled to Gabby. "Gabby, get some pads! We need to fill a gunshot wound!" Gabby then nodded and grabbed some. Walking out with the backboard and what we needed, Gabby gave me the backboard and moved in front of me to start work. She then saw Voight wake up. "Hey Voight, you're going to be alright okay?" 

He nodded and agreed. "Get Jay and Antonio down to the district. Find the guy who did this to me and figure out why there's so much Cocaine here. Ruzek, got it?" Ruzek then nodded and looked at his boss. "You be strong." Me and Matt then picked him up and then carried him into the ambulance. I was about to get in when Matt did. "Gabby, I've been shot before. You haven't. Let me do this." I nodded and agreed, letting him get in. I then looked at him. "Call Erin." I nodded and agreed. "I will." She then shut the doors and went to drive us to med.