Chapter 1021

Matt's POV: After getting back in bed and setting up the movie for me and Gabby, I smiled as I waited for her to come back with Matteo. Walking in with him in her arms, I smiled as I saw her look at me. "You got him changed?" She nodded and smiled. "Yes, and you put the shirt back on." I nodded and smiled. "We need to teach that little guy not to walk around half-naked." Gabby laughed. "Yet you are still wearing your boxers." I nodded. "That's the exception."

Gabby then went to pass me Matteo and a bottle. "Can you feed him? I have to go to the washroom and grab us a bag of chips." I nodded and agreed, grabbing him before watching Gabby walk away. That's when I heard my phone ring while putting the bottle to Matteo's lips. One he started to eat, I went to see it was Severide. "Well, we haven't talked in a while." He chuckled. "No, we haven't." I then decided to put him on speaker. "How have you been?"

Severide chuckled. "Well, I am missing my best friend. He's been kinda stuck at home recently." I smiled when he said that. "I've missed you too. But, we both know that as much as I would love to spend time with my second best friend, I would much rather spend time with Matteo." Severide was offended when I said second best friend. "Excuse me, second best friend?" I sighed. "Sorry Severide, Gabby has replaced you as first best friend. Called marriage."

Severide chuckled. "Probably helps that she also gives you pleasure." I smiled. "That she does." I have no clue how but, apparently that led Severide to believe that we just did it. "Oh my god, you guys just finished!" I laughed and then smiled. "No comment." Severide laughed. "Oh my god, you guys are kids." I then picked up my phone. "What's that mister I got a random girl pregnant?" Severide then shot back. "Mr. I got my ex-wife pregnant?"

I sighed. "Severide, you know our relationship was not the normal ex-husband/ex-wife relationship. It was more of a long distance open relationship." Severide thought about it. "That's an interesting way to put it. So, you guys kept talking all this time?" I nodded. "Of course. I am not just going to write her out of my life when she's the love of my life." That's when I saw Gabby come back with the chips. "I tried to text or e-mail her at least once a week."

Gabby smiled as she got back in bed. "Hey Severide. I overheard what you said. And what Matt said was true. We weren't really ex-husband/ex-wife. It was more like a long distance relationship. Now, I don't like the word open but yes...Matt was free to date anybody." I smiled when she said that. "But nobody compared to you." Gabby smiled and nodded as she gave me the chips before cuddling up to me. I then wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead.

Gabby's POV: Once Matt wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead, I smiled. This was exactly what I wanted right now. I then moved my hand to his and intertwined our fingers while we talked to Severide. And while I understood that Matt wanted to talk to him, I really wanted to watch a movie with him. That's when I saw Matt looking down at me. "Something wrong?" I sighed and looked at him. "I have snacks in bed for a reason."

Matt then got the message and smiled at me. "Listen Severide, I am going to have to cut this conversation short. Right when you called, we were about to start a movie." I then moved out of Matt's arm and rolled over on top of him to grab the remote. While doing that, Matt slapped my putt to tease me. After grabbing the remote and sitting back down next to him, I glared at him. "Matt! Matteo is in your arms." Matt smirked and looked at me. "Hey, I take the opportunity."

Severide was confused. "What did Matt just do?" I went to talk to him. "None of your business. Plus, aren't you on a little weekend getaway with Stella right now?" Severide sighed. "Of course she told you about that." I nodded. "It was so that I wouldn't let Matt call you this weekend." That's when I heard Stella come out of the washroom. "Seriously Kelly, you are on the phone when I said no phones this afternoon!" I then talked to Stella. "Hi Stella!"

Stella then heard my phone. "Speakerphone now!" Severide then put her on speakerphone. I thought this was going to be a nice conversation when she yelled. "Gabby, how dare you allow your husband to call us when you know we want privacy! Shit girl, don't make me give you a slap when I get home!" I sighed and agreed. "You won't slap me because then, you will get in trouble. If I recall, assaulting an officer's wife was a big no-no at the firehouse."

Stella groaned. "God, I hate that you are married to Matt again. Yet at the same time I am so glad you are married to him. Sorry Matt, but you were such a stick in the mud and a complete downer. You are way happier with her." Matt smiled as he turned to look at me. "No offence taken, it's completely true. Gabby makes me really happy. However, what would make me happier is to let you guys go so we can cuddle and watch a movie together." I nodded and agreed.

"Okay, then can we talk later maybe...whenever Stella calls you?" I chuckled. "We'll talk when you are back in Chicago. Severide, you are on a romantic getaway with Stella. We both know what that means." Severide chuckled and agreed. "Talk later Gabby." We then hung up with him and I smiled as Matt put his phone down. I then moved to cuddle up to him more and smiled as he kissed my forehead. "Can we start the movie now?" Matt agreed and smiled as he moved the chips in between us. "Here, let's snack too."

I nodded and agreed, grabbing some as we held each other close and started to watch the movie.