Chapter 1011

Meanwhile, with the Caseys:
Matt's POV: After sleeping in quite late this morning, I smiled as I sat in the bathroom with Matteo to give him a bath and let Gabby sleep. When I woke up, she was still asleep and I decided to let her sleep in because she deserved it every once and a while. "Shh buddy, just stay quiet while your mom sleeps." Matteo nodded as he laid back in the baby bath while I washed him. That's when I felt my phone vibrate next to me. It was a text from Severide. 'How's stuff going? We haven't talked in a while.'

I chuckled and nodded, agreeing with him. 'Matteo's in the bath...Gabby's asleep. Let me get him out then we can talk.' Severide then replied. 'Okay.' I turned to look at Matteo and smiled as I went to pick him up with his towel. "How about you and met get you dressed then we can make mama some breakfast?" Matt smiled as he put his hands in my face. "Oh Matteo, not there. Daddy already has bad lungs. He doesn't need bad eyes." Matt then went to hug me and I smiled while holding him close. That's when I heard Gabby.

"Well, isn't this a cute picture?" I turned to look at her and smiled. "Did I wake you?" Gabby shook her head and smiled. "But, I wish you did. Listen...I forgot to mention last night. Antonio offered me a chance to go boxing with him. Well, the both of us. He is opening his gym and nobody with COVID is going to be there. Want to go workout with him for a while?" I thought about it and smiled. "I wouldn't mind. Do they have weights too?" Gabby nodded. "How do you think he stays in shape. He doesn't want to get a dad bod unlike you."

Gabby then turned around and walked away. "Hey! I don't have a dad bod." I walked out behind her and right into Matteo's nursery where she was getting a new diaper out as well as some clothes. She then turned to look at me and smiled. "Sorry Matt but, you kinda do." I then looked down while setting Matteo down on his changing table. Gabby then wrapped her arms around me and smiled. "However, I love your dad bod. Still think it's really sexy." I nodded and smiled while wrapping my arm around her waist. I then bent down to kiss her softly.

"I am going to go take a shower okay? Unless you would rather I go make breakfast first?" Gabby thought about it and then rubbed my back. "Let me make breakfast today. You always make breakfast for me, I want to do it sometimes." I nodded and smiled. "How about you call Antonio and tell him that we'd love to meet up with him at the gym?" I then moved to grab her neck and rubbed her cheek smiling. "We can have a quick breakfast then, we can meet him there."

Gabby smiled when I said that before putting her hand on my back and leaning up to kiss me softly. "Sure thing. Now go take a shower." I then thought about it. "How about I wait to take a shower until we get back? If I'm going to the gym...I am just going to get all sweaty again. Doesn't make much sense to me to shower before I leave when I am just going to need to shower again when I get back from the gym. Plus, then he's going to need a nap when we're home..." I smirked when I added on. "...which means you can join me in the shower."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded before leaning up to kiss me again. "Oh, I am definitely going to be joining you in the shower when we get home. I need to have a bit of attention from my guy." I smiled when she said that and agreed. "Then I am going to get changed and then I will go make breakfast. You give Antonio a call." Gabby nodded and smiled as I walked away to our bedroom so that I could get changed and grab some gym clothes.

Gabby's POV: Once Matt left to go get dressed in the bedroom, I grabbed my phone that I had in my short pockets to find Antonio's number. I was about to call it when I decided to get Matteo dressed first. I didn't have to clean his bum considering he just take a bath so it was easier than normal. After spending 2 minutes wrestling with him and getting him dressed, I picked him up before finally grabbing my phone to call Antonio about his gym.

Luckily for me, he picked up right away and it actually sounded like he was at the gym. "Hey sis, what's up?" He even sounded out of breath. "You at your boxing gym?" Antonio chuckled. "Yeah. I own it and it's closed to the public, thought we'd use it." I smiled when he said that. "Just curious, are you allowing family to use it as well?" Antonio already knew what I was asking. "When were you thinking of dropping by?" I smiled. "Maybe 30-45 minutes? If you need to work, then we can..." Antonio stopped me. "It's my day off. I'm here with Diego before his shift."

That's right, Diego had a Molly's shift that afternoon. "You know, we could always drive you home from the gym and Diego could use your car to go to Molly's. He can use it for Deliveries." Antonio liked that idea. "That would be great. I was going to walk home from the restaurant but, that would be better. You don't mind?" I smiled. "Gives me a chance to see Sylvie. Haven't seen her since you got engaged." Antonio then groaned. "She's already searching wedding stuff."

I liked the sound of that. "Maybe we can come over for lunch and I can help her look at that stuff? She's going to be lost with what to do." Antonio chuckled and agreed. "Sure, we can do lunch at my place. See you when you get to the gym okay?" I nodded and agreed before hanging up when I heard Matt come with his gym bag. "So, we going to the gym?" I nodded and smiled. "Then, we are going to go to Antonio's for lunch and wedding planning."

Matt nodded and smiled. "That sounds like fun." I smiled when he said that. "Just be glad we didn't ever have to plan a wedding. It would've tested our relationship." Matt then got nervous and walked over to me. Wrapping his arms around my waist as he looked down at me and Matteo, I listened to him whisper to me. "Gabby, is that why you never wanted to have a big wedding? Because you were scared that it would wreck us?"