Chapter 1002

Meanwhile, at McCormick Place

Ethan's POV: As I finished ordering some food for me and April, I sighed as I looked at her while she checked on the patients we have here that are under anesthesia. I then got up and went to check their charts when I heard the phone ring. Walking over to grab it, I saw it was Dr. Charles giving me my daily check up. "Thank god you called when you did...I need a shrink for a while." Dr. Charles laughed when I said that. "Let me guess, it rough at McCormick Place today?"

I sighed. "My PTSD is acting up today. Reminds me of a hospital I worked at in Baghdad. Not the best memories." Dr. Charles sighed and understood what I was talking about. "Well, let's first of all start with some breathing exercises." I agreed and started to breath when I saw April come over. "I just checked on Mr. Gregory, he's improving." I look at her and put my finger up. "Dr. Charles, we can continue in a minute." Dr. Charles agreed as I looked at April. "My daily call."

April nodded and smiled. "Right, of course. Sorry, I forgot Ethan." She then walked over to me and kissed my cheek before talking into the phone. "Thanks for doing this Dr. Charles. Keep staying safe." She then walked away and went to check on the patients again. Once she left, me and Dr. Charles went back to do some breathing when I heard someone walk into the "hospital". That was not allowed so, I had to go. "Dr. Charles, someone new." He understood. "Later Ethan." 

Hanging up the phone, I walked over. "Sir, you can't be here. Stay outside." The kid then looked up. I recognized his face from somewhere but, I couldn't fully make it out because of the mask. "Molly's Delivery for Dr. Ethan Choi." That's when I recognized his voice. It was Diego Dawson. "Ah, I should've looked at the hat." I then went to grab my wallet. "Debit?" Diego nodded and went to grab it. He then put it out to me and smiled. "Thank you for supporting small business."

I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks." I then grabbed the food and walked away when April came out and looked at me. "How did you know the delivery kid?" I smiled at her. "He was a patient of mine. You remember Antonio Dawson's son Diego?" April nodded. "Glad to see he's on his feet and working. I didn't know he worked for Molly's though. Surprised...they don't hire much. I've been looking for extra work for my friends and they never advertise jobs."

I chuckled as I went to grab my job. "Remember who his aunt is April?" April nodded. "Gabby...oh, that makes sense now. She's his aunt and owns part of Molly's." I nodded and smiled as I went to take off my mask to eat. "I am just glad we get a moment to eat. We need to talk about our New Year's Plans. I want to call in relievers from the local army medical team so we can get New Year's Eve off." April sighed and shook her head. "We can't. Might be busy."

I thought about what she meant by that and nodded. "People are going to be idiots on New Year's Eve aren't they?" April just shrugged because she didn't know. "Let's hope not because I do not want to have more people here than necessary." I nodded and agreed, smiling as we sat together and ate lunch.