Chapter 1003

Back at Molly's
Matt's POV: As I sit with Gabby and Matteo, I am so glad that things have calmed down around here. We are currently in the midst of having a (distanced) discussion with our nephew about his plans for college in a few years. "I think my dad secretly wants me to go to the police academy but, I am not sure. I am leaning more towards being a spanish teacher or being a social worker." Gabby smiled when he said that. "You'd be great as a social worker. They need some spanish ones around here. I am tired of always getting English-only ones."

Diego was confused when Gabby said that. "You got to a social worker?" Gabby sighed and nodded. "I have PTSD. You remember that friend of mine I always talked about?" Diego nodded and sighed. "The one that died." Gabby nodded and just looked at him. "She was my best friend in the world. And she actually helped pick out my engagement ring." I then looked at her ring and smiled as I wrapped my arm around Gabby. "I customized it a bit but, other than that...it's exactly what her friend and me chose at the store."

Diego was obviously confused. "Okay, but you said she died a few years ago? How did she pick your engagement ring aunt Gabby when she's dead?" I smiled and looked at him. "It's the same engagement ring that I used when I first proposed to your aunt." Diego nodded and remembered that we were married before. "Okay, that makes sense now. Your friend did die shortly before you guys got engaged. I swear, my dad couldn't stop talking about how you finally are engaged." I laughed and smiled. "He said...stop stringing her along!"

Diego chuckled and smiled when he heard his name being yelled. "Diego, where's our food?" I turned to see Antonio walk in and was confused. "What food?" Antonio looked at us all. "Didn't you get my text Diego? The one asking you to put in an order for us. I said I would come by to pick it up now." Turning my head to look at the time, I saw it was 2 O'clock. "It's 2 pm Antonio, shouldn't you have eaten a while ago?" Antonio sighed. "I'm out doing undercover work. Have to stay in a hotel tonight until I test negative just in case." Gabby nodded and agreed, smiling.

I then decided to get up. "What did you order Antonio?" Antonio sighed. "It was a bunch of wings and salad. I think like 4 combos of them." I then nodded when I heard Hermann finish making them. "I just finished making them, we had to heat up the stuff again. I turn it off after 30 minutes if there's no orders." Gabby didn't like that. "Didn't you get a generator yet?" Hermann sighed. "It's on the list of things we need to buy for the bar." I nodded and agreed.

Gabby then turned to look at her brother. "What's the undercover operation about?" Antonio looked at me and shook his head. "Gabby, we both know that I can't tell you anything about it. What I can tell you though is that Jay is doing a great job in his new role on the team. He's our new Deputy Head of Intelligence for Undercover Operations." Gabby smiled, knowing that was probably Erin's idea. "Erin's idea?" Antonio chuckled and nodded. "She's taking over when Hank retires." Gabby then acted shocked when I said that. "What?!? You have more seniority!"

Antonio looked at her, knowing she was acting. "Oh, don't act so shocked. I know Jay and Erin already told you. By the way, sis you look tired. When was the last time you ate?" I then walked out with some food for her and my order. "Here we go." Antonio looked at me. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you that she needs to eat." I nodded and agreed. "Sorry, I should have. Anyways, Matteo needs to eat too." I then went to grab Matteo and put him in his lap. "Gabby, can you pass me a bottle from our bag?" Gabby then nodded and smiled, giving it to him before letting him feed Matteo.

Antonio then grabbed his order off the table in front of them and smiled as he got close to Matteo. However, Gabby didn't like that. "Antonio! Back up, you're working at the office today. I don't want you close until you've been tested again." He understood and nodded. "Sorry sis." She then sighed. "Sorry for freaking out...it's just..." Antonio nodded and understood. "Gabby, relax...I understand." Antonio then turned to look at Diego. "Diego, I need to let you know something." Diego then looked up at him. "What's that dad?" Antonio sighed. "You have to stay at your mom's tonight. I'm working late."

He agreed and smiled. "Good, does that mean I can keep the car overnight? Might mean I can do another shift tomorrow if you guys want." Gabby then turned to look at Diego and smiled. "Oh, I would love that. Means more money in our pockets. However, I need to get you some magnets for your car." Antonio looked at her. "What exactly do you want to put on my car?" Gabby sighed and turned to look at me. "Magnets with our logo and phone number on it. Only to be used while he's working. Free advertising. In fact, we should get some and put it on our car Matt."

When Gabby said that, I couldn't help but agree that it was an amazing idea. It's free advertising and it would bring in loads of money. In fact, the magnets would probably pay for themselves within a day of us putting them on our cars. "We should get some for each and every one of the owners. Multiple so they can cover each side of their cars and then the bumper of their cars with one. Then, when they drive around Chicago...they are basically a moving billboard for the restaurant. Might eventually allow us to try and expand the business again."

Hermann looked at us and shook his head. "Let's not talk about that until we see whether we survive COVID. I am really scared. Trust me, at least we can do delivery work like this. If we weren't allowed to do this...then we wouldn't survive. About that. Antonio, can you take some flyers with you and put them up at the police station? I would love to get more orders from you guys. You always order a lot of food and it's really helpful." Antonio nodded and smiled.

"Trust me Hermann, we already order from here because I make them order from here. They all know that Gabby works at the restaurant. And they also all know that they have a baby. So, since Gabby is part of the extended CPD family....they are supporting her by ordering from Molly's as much as they can." Gabby smiled and liked that idea. "Thanks Antonio. But, we both know you had a part to play in that didn't you?" I chuckled and nodded. "Maybe. I mean, after all...some of the money is going to go towards me at one point. Either for a wedding gift or baby gifts."

I chuckled and nodded when he said that before hearing the phone ring again. "Another order, I got it." I then got up and walked over to the phone to answer it. "Molly's Bar...what can we get you to brighten up your day?"