Chapter 1022

Meanwhile, with Jay & Erin
Jay's POV: After taking a shower once we got home from the gym, I smiled as I came out of the washroom to see Erin standing at the window in our bedroom while just wearing her lingerie. I smiled as she faced away from me, walking up behind her so that I could place my hands on her stomach. She was currently admiring how pregnant she was and I intended to do the same starting right now. "Only about 5 more months til' we can hold this little one in our arms."

Erin nodded as she leaned back against my chest, feeling my hands on her stomach. "God, I can't wait for that to happen but...I am also so scared." I turned Erin around when she said that and nodded. "So am I babe. This is our first child. Nothing can prepare you for this, not even being an uncle." I then smiled as I moved my hands to her stomach. "But, we are going to be scared together and learn as we go. That's all we can do. I want to do this by ourselves."

Erin knew exactly what I meant by that and sighed. "I guess that means I can't go to Hank for advice when I am unsure about something?" Moving my hand to her neck, I then rubbed her cheek. "You can always go to him for advice. However, we will be the ones to make the decisions. I don't want him making any decisions that can change our lives. And that is pretty much any decision that involves little Olivia here." Erin smiled and agreed before moving to grab my hand as I kept it on her stomach. "You always give the best pep talks."

I chuckled and smiled before leaning down to kiss her softly. "I guess I do. However, you always brighten up my day and I can't thank you enough for that." Erin smiled when I said that and nodded. "You are trying to earn brownie points to get me in bed aren't you?" I shook my head and then looked into her eyes. "Everything I say is true Erin. Did you hear at all how broken I was when you first left for New York?" Erin shook her head. "We never talked about it." I sighed. "Do you want to have a conversation about it?" I bit my lip and nodded.

"If we are going to work this time around, I know we can't keep secrets. And I am positive that you are going to want to know eventually now that it's in your head. So, we have the time to talk today. So, let me go grab us some lunch and then I'll come back and we can talk about it." I moved to give Erin a quick kiss and was about to walk away when Erin grabbed my hand and stopped me. "Jay, just remember that I am never leaving again okay? So, if you get scared while talking about it...remember that it's never going to happen again."

I nodded and agreed, really happy about that. "I would never let you leave anyways. Like I told you when we got back together. We are in this together this time. If there are any legal problems, we face them together. There's a reason you are Mrs. Jay Halstead. It's because I am your husband and your protector. You've let your guard down with me Erin and you have to remember to keep it down. I'm here for you and always will be." Erin smiled when I said that and then moved to hug me.

Holding her in my arms, I smiled as I moved to rub her back before kissing her shoulder softly. "I'll be back soon okay? Give me 10 minutes to make us some lunch then, I'll join you in bed and we can talk." Erin then smiled as I set her down on the ground. Giving me one last quick kiss on the cheek, she then walked away to bed so she could get comfortable. Meanwhile, I went to grab my phone and walked away to go downstairs and make us some quesadillas for lunch."