Chapter 998

Meanwhile, with Matt & Gabby
Gabby's POV: As me and Matt drove back home from dropping his mom off at the airport, we drove by Molly's to see that it was open. I then got worried and looked at Matt. "Matt, stop. The front door to Molly's is open!" He turned his head and was shocked. He then went to pull over towards the nearest parking spot and then looked at me. "I'm going in. You stay here." I shook my head. "Hell no, it's my bar first. Anyways, it's my gun." I then went to grab my gun that I kept in the center console.

Matt was shocked. "I didn't know you..." I sighed. "Antonio insisted. I said not in the house. So, I put it in the car. Is that okay?" Matt nodded. "I am coming with you. There is no way I am letting you go in there alone." I nodded and agreed before getting out with the gun. Walking around the car, I opened Matteo's door so we could hear him. "I got it Matt." Matt the nodded, deciding to stay near the door. I then walked in and went to check what was happening.

I took the gun out and pointed it as I walked in. That's when I almost ran into Hermann. He saw the gun in his face. "Gabby, it's me!" I then put the gun down. "Shit, sorry Hermann." Hermann then looked at me. "What was that all about?" I sighed. "Hermann, who knows what's happening during the lockdown? We could've been robbed. You need to let me know when you're going in. That way I am not scared. What are you doing here?"

Hermann sighed. "I got a call from security system provider. Said that a sensor was not working. Turns out that someone was accessed the system through hacking. I needed to shut off the WiFi. The entire bar needs to be boarded so protect us from being broken into since the system is down." I then sighed when I saw all the plywood. "Well, you're not doing this alone." Hermann looked at me. "Gabby, you don't have to help me."

I laughed. "Oh, I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about Matt. He's part owner of the bar and he's going to help you put the wood up. After all, he's also a carpenter." Hermann nodded and agreed before grabbing his tools. I then turned around and looked at Matt. "You still have your tools in here?" Matt nodded and looked at me confused. "Why?" I sighed and looked at him. "The security system is down and we need to put plywood up to protect us." Matt nodded and agreed. He then went to reach in and grabbed our masks. "Put this on and sit down."

I nodded as I went to grab my mask and then decided to grab Matteo from his car seat. "C'mon bud, let's sit in the front and watch daddy work for a bit." Matt smiled when I said that. He then looked at Matteo. "First time he's going to watch me work." I laughed and smiled. Matt then rubbed his head and moved to kiss his forehead. Once he was done, he went to the back of the van and went to grab his tools.

Matt's POV: After opening the back of the van, I moved to find my tools so that I could help Hermann board up the bar in order to protect it. Once I had my tools, I walked over to him and smiled. "Hey Hermann." Hermann then turned to look at me. "Oh, I thought you guys left?" I chuckled and smiled. "And let you do this alone...please. I haven't worked with my tools in a while and I thought it'd be fun to do it with Matteo watching."

Hermann then looked at him. "Mind if I get close to him or is it too risky?" I sighed and looked at him. "Hermann, this is already too risky. Just be glad we both have masks on. Did I ever tell you how far into my family COVID's gotten?" Hermann shook his head. "Who in your family got it?" I sighed and looked at him. "My sister, as well as Gabby's niece, nephew and ex-sister-in-law." Hermann was shocked when I said that. "I'm so sorry Matt. Any deaths?"

I shook my head. "Fortunately, none. I am just hoping it doesn't affect anybody else. However, I am not holding my breath. Apparently, my uncle Jake is not being that cautious when it comes to protecting himself against COVID." I then went to grab my hammer and started to hammer in some nails. "Why are we boarding this up anyways?" Hermann sighed. "Window broke. Remember, we almost got robbed?"

I agreed and nodded when I saw Gabby looking at me. "Someone seems to be enjoying watching me work." Hermann turned to look at Matteo and smiled. "I can definitely see him following in your shoes in either becoming a firefighter, paramedic or contractor." I smiled when he said that. "The business name Casey & Son Construction does sound pretty nice." Hermann smiled, loving the idea. If this was any of my other co-workers, it would've been weird to see them so soft.

However, since it was Hermann...it wasn't a shock to me at all. After all, he and his wife have 5 kids. I then looked at him. "By the way, I have to tell you this. Holy crap you were right when it comes to the vasectomy hurting! Shit, I couldn't move down there very much for a week." Hermann was shocked when I told him that I got snipped.

"You only have one kid. What are you doing getting snipped?" I sighed and looked at him. "Gabby has an aneurysm. It's on a major blood vessel connecting her heart, brain and her uterus. If it bursts....it can kill both her and the baby. A pregnancy can cause it to burst so, we can't risk it." Hermann nodded and agreed before rubbing my back. "Makes sense. We men can live without anymore kids but, we can't live without sex."

I laughed and chuckled. "Not that I am getting much of it. I still have to wait until I have my follow up. What does that entail just curious?" Hermann sighed. "They test your urine to check if there's any seaman in it." I nodded and thought that it wouldn't so hard. "Okay, good." Hermann smiled. "You are going to enjoy that day. Trust me, me and Cindy...." I then stopped him. "Sorry, not interested in that Hermann. Can we just do this?"

He nodded and chuckled as he went to work with me on boarding up Molly's to protect it. "By the way, Gabby still hasn't looked at the books. I am trying to get her to look at them." He nodded and agreed. "If she wants, she can start doing them. She has more time than me." I shook my head. "Not when he's older. Get one of your kids to do it. Isn't Lee Henry working here now? I mean, he's 18. He can bartend." Hermann smiled. "Yes. Now I just wanted to remind you that we can't board up the door too much, we are still doing deliveries."

I smiled when he said that. "Who's on shift today?" I then turned to look at Cruz when he walked over. "Hermann, I'm ready to do deliveries." Cruz then looked at me and smiled. "Oh relax Cruz, it's not a secret at the firehouse. We all went to one of your classes a few years ago remember?" He sighed and did remember that. "Sorry, just still a little embarrassing." I nodded and understood. "By the way, what are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be home with Chloe?"

Cruz sighed. "I need to make more money. Hermann is giving me a percentage of each delivery to go towards kids." I then turned to look at Hermann. "Uhm, why weren't me and Gabby consulted about this? Last time I checked...we we're the bar's majority owners!" Hermann bit his lip and sighed. "Listen, let's finish this and then we can all go sit in the bar to talk." I agreed and nodded as we finished working on boarding up the bar.