Chapter 1037

Jay's POV: After having a nice dinner with Erin, I smiled as I walked over to the living room where we decided to sit for a while. Wrapping my arm around her as we sat on the couch, I felt her put her hand on my leg and smiled at her. "What did you do this afternoon after getting home from the hospital? I didn't see you much on the calls. I was going to bring it up at supper but..." Erin then sighed and looked at me. "I worked on catching up on some e-mails. I talked to Antonio and told him that I didn't want to ruin your first day. Didn't know whether you would take it out on me or not. So, I decided to stay away."

I sighed and looked at Erin. "Erin, you could've worked. We both agreed to leave our private stuff for when we are home. We are not going to fight at work because that's unprofessional. Anyways, I am treating this as my audition for when I am going to take over the unit for you. I am acting very professional to impress the higher ups. That way, I'm not just relying on Hank's word to get the job when you take over. Instead, I am showing our superiors that I am actually good at what I do and am not just getting the job because I am Hank Voight's son-in-law."

Erin looked at me and nodded as she laid her head down on my shoulder. I then moved to kiss her head softly and whispered to her. "You've been stressing out about this all day haven't you?" Erin nodded as she cuddled up to me more and then tried to get comfortable but just couldn't. I then sighed and looked at her. "You not getting comfortable?" She shook her head. "Want to head upstairs where we can be comfortable? I know it's getting harder since you're 4 1/2 months" Erin smiled when I said that and nodded. "You've noticed?"

I chuckled and nodded. "I can't not notice. You are very squirmy at night and you find it very hard to get comfortable in bed. So, if you want to go upstairs and relax up there....I wouldn't mind at all because it will allow me to put my sweats on. God, I hate that I have to wear jeans to work. They are so hard to run in when you've been out of action for a while." Erin then glared at me. "I don't want to hear you complain about how hard it is to run in jeans when I am struggling just to walk while I am pregnant. I laughed and nodded.

Erin then went to get up and looked at me. "It's not funny." Erin then went to grab the glass of water she had on the table and finished it before walking over to the kitchen to put it in the dishwasher. "I'm walking like a duck most of the day now. That's why I'm glad that I'm not working at the district right now. I would look ridiculous and don't want to be seen this way by my future employees." I smiled when she said that before walking over to her.

"Just curious...when you take over the unit. Am I going to be treated like one of the members of the unit or am I going to treated more like your husband and equal?" Putting our plates in the dishwasher, Erin then closed it before turning around to look at me. Stepping close to me, Erin went to grab my hand and bit her lip. "I think it might need to be the first one. I don't want to play favorites. However, I will take your advice more because you are a former Army Ranger."

I agreed and smiled when she said that before rubbing her hand. I then went to kiss her softly while putting my hands on her waist. "You look tired." Erin nodded as she leaned up to grab my neck. "I am. How about we go lay down in bed and relax?" I nodded and smiled as I went to grab her hand. Intertwining our fingers as we walked out of the kitchen, I smiled as we prepared to go relax in bed together.

NOTE TO READERS: I know a few chapters ago I said that Jay and Erin had Owen for the night. Unfortunately, I forgot when I was writing this part so instead of Jay bringing Owen home...he drove him to his grandmother (Helen)'s house.