Chapter 992

30 minutes later when they are ready to leave

Matt's POV: As I carry my mom's suitcase and Matteo's car seat out to our car, I smile when I see Gabby there with my mom. Rocking Matteo in her arms, I can tell he got a bit cranky. Walking over to them, I looked at Matteo and smiled. "What's wrong buddy? You not want grandma to leave?" Matteo smiled at me when I said that. I then went to kiss his forehead before opening the trunk of our car and setting my mom's bags down in the back. I then looked at Gabby.

"Let me just put Matteo's car seat in and then we can get going. Mom, Matteo's car seat is behind me so you can get in on the curb." My mom smiled. "Thanks." I then looked both ways as I prepared to put Matteo's car seat in while Gabby and my mom talked a bit more. Opening the door and putting his seat in, I made sure to do it carefully. Once I had the seat in, I moved to walk over to Gabby and smiled at Matteo. "Okay, time to put him in his seat."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "Mom, can I grab him?" My mom then turned to look at me. "I guess. He is just so adorable." I chuckled and smiled as I moved to grab Matteo from my mom. "Let's get you in your seat little guy. Then we can drive grandma to Midway." Carefully putting him in his car seat, I turned to look at Gabby as I stood next to the car. Luckily traffic was light this morning and it allowed me to safely stand near the driver's door. "We ready to go?"

Both my mom and Gabby turned to look at me when I said that and nodded. I then watched as they both got in before getting in myself. "Just to let you know, we are leaving early so I don't want to hear any complaining about...oh, hurry up...we'll be late. Got it?" Both Gabby and my mom agreed. Gabby then smiled at me as she grabbed my hand. "Let's get going. I want to be home before he has to take a nap." I nodded and smiled, watching my mom play with him.

"Mom, last chance to stay if you want to keep playing with him. Once we get to Midway, I am not driving you back." Gabby looked at me and understood what I meant. We both wanted the privacy back anyways. My mom then looked at me and nodded. "Matt, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow remember?" I nodded and agreed. "Okay then, let's get you to Midway airport then so you can head home."

We all nodded as I put the car into gear before pulling away from the curb so that we could drive my mom to the airport.