Chapter 1008 (December 28, 2020)

2 Days Later - Halstead Residence

Jay's POV: As I stand in the master bathroom, I try and be really quiet so that I don't wake Erin up. She needs her rest after everything that has happened in the past 48 hours. Plus, if she is asleep...I am less worried when I am working out. However, I also needed to know that she won't come downstairs. She has been put on bedrest for a week which started yesterday when we were released from the hospital. So, that means no New Year's Eve parties (not that we were going to any due to COVID) however, I still needed to make sure she didn't get up.

Walking over to her, I moved to sit next to her on the bed and smiled as I put my hand on her baby bump. Gently stroking it with my thumb, I smiled as I looked at Erin. Erin then woke up and smiled at me. "Hey." I smiled and bent down to kiss her softly. "Sleep good?" Erin nodded and smiled. "Do you really need to workout today? I would rather keep you close because I can't go anywhere today." I hadn't even thought about that. "Of course. Sorry, I didn't think about that."

Erin nodded and understood. "It's a routine for you Jay, you always go workout every morning." I nodded and then went to grab her hand. Rubbing it, I smiled at her. "If you want, I could always make us breakfast before I head downstairs? Anyways, I kinda have a surprise for you." She looked at me confused. "What exactly would that be?" I smiled when she asked and was about to answer when the doorbell rang. "That's breakfast." Erin smiled. "Awh, my favorite breakfast." I nodded and smiled before getting up. "Be back in a minute."

I then got up and went to walk away so that I could open the door. It was true that it was breakfast but, what she didn't know was that Hank was bringing her breakfast. I had already ate and Hank was now going to join her. He has been worried sick about her and I thought it would be best for the both of them to get some quality time together. Opening the door as I come downstairs, I smiled at him and whispered. "She's going to be so happy that you're here." Hank smiled and nodded, whispering too. "I am happy that I'm here too." 

I smiled when he said that before going to grab his jacket for him. "Listen, I already ate breakfast so...you are going to have an opportunity to have quality time with Erin. Meanwhile, I am going to go workout downstairs." Hank nodded and agreed. "Sounds perfect. Now, why are we whispering?" I smiled at him. "I didn't tell Erin yet. I thought maybe this would be a good way to cheer her up. Being in bed all the time has given her time to think about her screw up." Hank sighed and nodded. "You need to eat yet?"

I smiled. "Save me some? I had a bagel before my workout but, I'll have a big breakfast when I come upstairs and join you in bed. Now, I am going to be holding Erin just to let you know. Also, you can sit on my side of the bed." Hank nodded. "I promise not to think or comment about what has happened in that bed." I laughed and smiled. "Oh, you mean the fact that our daughter was...." Hank then spoke up. "Lalala!" I laughed and smiled when he did that. I then went to lead him upstairs to let him into our room.

After making our way upstairs, I smiled as I walked in to look at Erin. "Erin, I have a surprise for you." Erin went to sit up when she saw breakfast. "Yum, order in breakfast from my favorite restaurant." Hank then walked in and smiled at her. "That's not the surprise Erin." Erin looked up at Hank and smiled. She then went to get up when I stopped her. "Hank is coming to sit with you in bed. He's going to be with us today and relax with us in our bed. How does that sound?"

Erin sat up and looked at me. "Jay, are you okay? You just said something I never thought I would say. Hank in our bed." I laughed and smiled when she said that because that was definitely true. I never in a million years thought I would ever say the words 'Hank' and 'our bed' in the same sentence. But, I had and it was going to happen. "He has been asking me to come over and I know secretly, you've been dying to have him over too." Erin nodded and smiled.

"So, you guys are going to have breakfast in bed together. I already ate so, I am going to go downstairs and workout while you talk. Then, I will come and join you and we will all hang out until you get too tired." Erin smiled as she grabbed my hand. Bending down, I then moved to kiss her softly. "I love you." I smiled when she said that before nodding. She then moved over to my side of the bed and smiled. "Here Hank, sit on my side of the bed."

Hank nodded and smiled as he walked over to our bed and then got in with her, leaning against a pillow. "Need more pillows for you back Hank?" Hank looked at me and smiled. "Go workout, I want you in tip top shape in case we ever need you to come on missions. About that. I am letting you know that from now on...you can work from home for computer stuff. But, now that I know you are taking over as Deputy Head of Intelligence for Undercover Ops, I want you out in the field with me from now on."

I bit my lip and sighed. "Hank, please don't make me defy you. It's not safe. Nor is it wise when Erin is pregnant and because of her history." I sighed and looked at Erin. "Hank, she already lost her mother to COVID. I don't want her to loose me to COVID when we're expecting a baby." Hank then realized that and nodded. "Sorry. I didn't think about that. Just want to get you trained starting in the new year." I sighed. "Virtually for now okay?" He agreed. "Works for me."

I laughed. "Plus, I'd like to work with Mouse for a bit." Hank was shocked when I said that. "How did you know that Mouse is returning to the unit?"