Chapter 990

Matt's POV: After spending the past hour watching the parade, I ended up falling asleep in bed once again with my arm around Gabby and my chin on her head. Gabby didn't seem to notice because she was still all cuddled up to me and rubbing my chest when I started to wake up again. Moving my hand to her arm, I smiled at her. "I fell asleep again didn't I?" Gabby looked up at me and nodded. "Did you not have to move to get Matteo?" She smiled and shook her head. "Someone else decided to take care of him for us since you were asleep."

I chuckled and smiled. "Let me guess, my mom wants a bit more Matteo time before she leaves to go home today?" Gabby nodded and smiled before cuddling up to me more. "Just to let you know, I am not leaving bed today. You are going to take your mom to the airport by yourself. When you get back, you are going to put this back on and join me in bed." I smiled and nodded, loving that idea. "That sounds perfect." Gabby agreed and smiled before rubbing my chest. Moving my hand up her back, I smiled as he held each other close.

That's when I heard my mom knock on the door. "Matt, just to let you know...we should leave in an hour to go to Midway. My flight leaves at noon." I turned my head to check the time and saw it was already 8 "Okay mom, that sounds good. By the way, you do know you can stay if you want to. I would never be opposed to you staying?" My mom smiled. "I would love to but, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. They just got me in for my yearly physical."

I nodded and understood before smiling at her. "Mom, let me just take a shower. Maybe Gabby can get up and make us some breakfast?" I turned to look at Gabby and smiled at her, trying to get her to say yes even though I already knew that Gabby probably didn't want to do it. But, to my great surprise she was glad to do it. "I would love to make us breakfast. Gives me one last chance to have one-on-one time with Nancy before she leaves today." I smiled and nodded.

Gabby then looked at my mom before smiling at her. "Think you can let us get ready? I Have to get dressed and I would rather not have you see me in my underwear." My mom chuckled when Gabby said that before nodding as she walked away with Matteo. I then turned to look at her and smiled. "I wouldn't mind seeing you in your underwear for a bit." Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "Maybe later, when your mom is gone and we are alone." I nodded and agreed before going to kiss Gabby softly.

I then let her go and moved to get out of bed. "Listen, we can take one together later. Right now, my mom is still here and that means we need to be appropriate." Gabby agreed and smiled as she watched me walk out of our bedroom to go take a shower.

Gabby's POV: Once Matt had left to go take a shower, I got up out of bed and grabbed my bathrobe so that I could make us some breakfast. This was my last chance to spend some quality woman time with another girl for a while considering we are still isolating for Matteo's health and safety for a little while. Once I had my robe on, I made my way out to see Nancy playing with Matteo on the couch. "I think someone will miss Grandma when they leave."

Turning to look at me, Nancy smiled. "Oh don't worry...I'll be back in a month and a half." I looked at her and smiled. "For Matt's birthday?" Nancy agreed and smiled. "If you don't mind." I smiled and loved the idea. "Me and Matt would love the idea. That way we can get a babysitter for Valentine's Day. I mean, if you wouldn't mind doing that for us. It's just...I would love to have our first Valentine's Day back together out of the house. Maybe go to a hotel or something."

Nancy nodded and agreed, liking the idea. "Of course Gabby, I would love that. Just let me talk to Matt before we make any plans." I just looked at her. "Nancy, what is the number one rule for husbands?" Nancy looked at me and smiled when we both said it at the same time. "When it comes to something your wife wants or needs, it's always yes honey." I laughed and smiled.

"Oh god, you and me are going to get along great. I am glad this time around we are going to have a relationship." I smiled and agreed before going to grab some eggs to make some. I then looked at Nancy. "Scrambled or sunny side Nancy?" She smiled when I asked. "Scrambled with pepper." I smiled. "Same as Matt, perfect." I then started to make breakfast for her and Matt, glad to be helping out where I could when I remembered that someone needed to feed Matteo.

Grabbing some milk and his formula, I went to make him a bottle instead of taking one out of the door. Pouring some milk into the bottle and adding some formula, I then moved to shake it before heating it up in the bottle warmer. I then went to grab some bacon to get it out so that I could make some before putting some bread in the toaster. "Nancy, what do you say you feed Matteo one last time before you leave?"

Nancy smiled at the idea and looked at me. "I love the idea. Are you going to come to the airport with us to drop me off?" Walking over to her, I thought about it and then smiled while giving her the bottle. "Actually, I am going to come to the airport to drop you off. Let me just wait until Matt comes out of the shower. Then I have to take one." She agreed and smiled as she started to feed Matteo. I then smiled as I went back to the kitchen to keep making us some breakfast.