Chapter 1052

Matt's POV: After making my way back inside, I smiled at Gabby as she relaxed with Matteo and played on the ground with him. I decided to walk over and then sit on the other side of Matteo to see him trying to work on his hand-eye coordination. "When did we get that rattle?" Gabby looked up at me and smiled. "Not sure, I just found it recently. I've been reading the baby book and right now, this is what he's supposed to be doing." I smiled when she said that. "So, no developmental problems we need to worry about?"

Gabby looked up at me and shook her head. "No, he's fine. Why? Have you noticed anything?" I shook my head and smiled while putting my hand on his stomach and rubbing it. "Just making sure that he's doing stuff on time. That way, I am not missing anything. Eh buddy?" I then moved to kiss his stomach and neck to tease him. Gabby smiled when I did that and nodded. "Did I ever tell you that you are the best dad ever?" I smiled and nodded as I looked at her. Reaching out to grab her hand, I smiled as we laid there as a family.

"I still can't believe that we are almost in 2021. Where has the time gone? I still can't believe everything that has happened this year that has changed my life for the better." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Care to maybe share?" I smiled at her. "Well, for starters...I got my beautiful wife back. Second, we had our miracle child. And last, I have my dream life." Gabby then bit her lip. "Well, most of it. C'mon, you have to admit that you would rather be a firefighter right now." I nodded and sighed. "But, not being one is better for us."

Gabby sighed. "I just don't want you regretting it a year down the road." I looked at her and nodded. "Gabby, trust me that I won't regret it. Plus, I can always ask Boden for a spot back on truck if I wanted to go back. I have enough seniority to get back on." Gabby agreed. "But, you won't right?" I shook my head. "Because I want to save my lungs." Gabby smiled when I said that before looking at Matteo. "I still have doubts about him being a firefighter. Not too sure."

I turned to look at her and then rubbed her hand. "Gabby, can we not think about this right now? Heck, we shouldn't even be thinking about work. All we should be thinking about is us playing with Matteo and enjoying the new year with him. Gabby nodded and agreed when I saw her get up. "Where are you going?" Gabby then smiled as she went to bend down and pick Matteo up. "I am not comfortable laying down on the ground to play with him. Let's do it in our bed where we can lay down more comfortable. But, with you still next to him like that."

I looked up at her and chuckled. "You sure you wouldn't rather have me holding you in my arms with me laying down right behind you?" Gabby smiled. "Then I would be tempted to play with you as well." Raising my eye brow, I smiled at her. "Maybe that's what I want. We both know that I love to hold you in my arms." Gabby agreed and smiled. "Fine, I'll lay down in your arms while we play with him." I smiled at her. "Gee, you sound so excited to do that. What's up Gabby?"

Gabby then sighed. "I guess I am just starting to wonder if we are extending our newlywed period a bit too much. I mean, we are going on 4 months now and we are parents." I understood what she meant and smiled. "In my opinion, we deserve it. Last time I checked, we didn't have that long of a newlywed period the last time we were married so...we can extend this one." Gabby thought about it and nodded. "That was my fault so, sorry about that."

I shook my head. "Hey, don't say that. Gabby, I was fully a part of that. I agreed that we would try and adopt Louie together. I also agreed that we would get married so we could do it. However, just know that I really mean it when I say that I want to give you a real wedding. And not just for Antonio." Gabby was shocked when I said that. "You do?" I nodded and smiled. "Listen, how about we move this to the bedroom? We can sit in bed and talk about this?"

Gabby nodded and liked that idea. "Get to cuddle up to you easier." I agreed and smiled before getting up. I then bent down and grabbed Matteo before putting him on my chest. "C'mon little man, let's go to bed so me and your mom can cuddle in bed and talk." I then kissed his forehead and looked at Gabby. Putting my hand out to help her up, I smiled as I brought her close to me and kissed her softly. "Just promise that you won't clam up when we talk about this."

Gabby nodded and agreed. "I promise. Anyways, I think we should talk about it too. If you want to do a real wedding then we should start planning. We have the time after all." I agreed and nodded as we walked into the bedroom together to relax in bed and talk about us having a real wedding. However, I already knew it was not going to be in a church. That was not something I wanted. I'm thinking more park wedding.