23

Wei Wuxian left the last class because the teacher was not in, and he walked to the Forbidden Library where he planned to meet Lan Wangji.

He found Lan Wangji was sitting on the table and deeply immersed in some kind of… case files? The brown outer casings were familiar since he also often reviewed the case files back then.

Wei Wuxian wondered who was this Lan Wangji actually? He seemed like an onion, the more you peeled the more layers he would show. Not to mention the tears he caused. Figuratively.

"Lao… gege! What are you doing?" Wei Wuxian dropped his bag and sat in front of Lan Wangji. "I'm super starving, can we eat before we study?" He took a peek at the files. "What is this, gege? May I see?" Wei Wuxian took one of the files before Lan Wangji could reply.

"Oh? Mysterious theft? Are you some kind of detective, gege?" Wei Wuxian skimmed the files quickly, since he was adept at speed reading.

"A friend was asking for my help with the theft in their company, nothing a high school girl should know about." Lan Wangji reached the files but Wei Wuxian moved away from his reach.

"You know what gege, I love to read true crimes books and I idolize Sherlock Holmes. Can I help? Please? I'm so bored with boring school assignments…" Wei Wuxian pouted.

Lan Wangji looked at her for a long time. Then he shook his head.

"No. You said you're hungry." Lan Wangji stood up and took a couple of fancy boxes behind him and put them in front of the girl. "Now, eat first."

Wei Wuxian's eyes widened in surprise. He never thought that this cold man would be so attentive.

"Wow, gege… this is all so fancy, come, let's eat together." Wei Wuxian opened the first box and it revealed a very mouth-watering, expensive-looking bento box.

It consisted of a big slice of unagi on top of a bed of fluffy white rice, a few thick slices of fresh colorful sashimi, a couple of huge fried tempura shrimps, potato salad and a couple slices of uni on top of the unagi.

This was the creme de la creme of bento boxes.

And on top of that, Lan Wangji also uncapped a couple of bowls of steaming hot miso soup and a couple of bottles of cold ocha and gave it to Wei Wuxian.

"Wow, gege, you really spoiled me… how could I go back to eating the convenience store bento box now?" He scooped a mouthful of eel rice into his mouth and moaned in delight. The eel was thick and perfectly cooked with slight char marks, the sweet and umami sauce only whetted his appetite. He took the second mouthful slowly, savoring the perfect taste.

"Oishii desu ne… I miss this kind of unagi that you could only eat in Japan…" Wei Wuxian paused from the slip of tongue.

Shit . Mo Xuanyu had never been to Japan. He hoped Lan Wangji didn't notice.

"Mm, you can always eat this if you want to. My family owned the restaurant. I'll make sure you'll never have to eat the convenience store bento again from now on."

Damn you, sugar daddy! Are you trying to spoil me or what?

"Gege, it's fine, I don't want to embarrass you by begging for free food, I have my pride, you know… I'll work hard to be able to eat at your restaurant every day!"

Lan Wangji only smiled and ruffled the fluffy silver hair.

Didn't he get a little bit too comfortable now to ruffle my hair every single time he met me? Did he think I'm a cat or something?

Wei Wuxian grumbled but secretly he liked it. The feeling of being protected.

"So, tell me about the case, gege." He spoke with his mouth full of food.

"Finish your food first." Lan Wangji replied while he ate elegantly.