58

Wei Wuxian was feeling everything from the way Lan Wangji softly looked at him, how the electricity sparked when he touched him, and how gentle he treated him. 

Lan Wangji was obviously having a feeling for him, and he could feel that it made something inside him move. Slowly, but surely.

The realization hit him hard, made him walk in a daze, like he was moving underwater. And it was getting harder to breathe.

He never wanted to acknowledge it, this fragile feeling of something warm bloomed unbidden in his heart. But… how could he not?

The only way he could deal with all these overwhelming feelings was with deflection, the only true Wei Wuxian's way.

So he grabbed Lan Wangji's hand, put a smile on his face while trying to hold on to the tears that threatened to come out at any time, and dragged the man out of the room to find some fresh air.

It was already dark outside when they walked to the main dining room. They met with a few other people that apparently knew Lan Wangji, but they only nodded politely and continued their way. They knew that Lan Wangji was not a talker so they just left them alone for most part of the night.

They arrived at the beautiful dining hall, and were escorted to sit with the Captain, a tall French man with golden hair about fifty and he exuded a grandfather's aura around him. 

When Captain Beauregard, that was his name, knew that Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji spoke fluent French, he was so happy he insisted for them to call him Beau instead, and invited them for drinking later at the lounge. After that, they chatted in French to the amusement of the other guests who were mostly Chinese and didn't understand a peep, although Lan Wangji sometimes still replied in Chinese and English.

But Wei Wuxian was like fish in the water as he spoke with rapid fire French all the time. It made Lan Wangji look at her with wonder. Did he really know everything about this girl? That was not some elementary French there, with many slangs and sayings that only a native would know. He took notice of some specific slang and made a mental note to look for where it was originally from. Maybe it would shed some light as to where the girl learned her French from.

"Oh? You can request a song here?" Suddenly Wei Wuxian's eyes lit up with interest. 

"Not only that, as my favorite guest you even can go up there and sing to your heart's content!" The captain then guffawed, making the other guests and even sailors look at them and wonder what could make the usually stern captain laugh like that.

"I will take your words for that."

After a fabulous dinner of an eight course french-chinese fusion degustation menu, Wei Wuxian drank a glass full of champagne and walked to the stage with determination to Lan Wangji's amusement. He just let her do whatever it was that she was going to do, probably just sing, just as she said before. Hopefully

Captain Beauregard clapped like a seal loudly and Wei Wuxian turned around to give them a wink and he walked to the conductor of the orchestra and after whispering for a while, he walked to the center of the stage and took the microphone.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Momo, and I'm here to sing a song as per request from our Captain of the cruise. Big applause to Captain Beauregard!" The audience gave quite an enthusiastic applause, seeing a beautiful girl in front of them and ready to sing them a song.

"So, the song for the Captain tonight is my own rendering of Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien, by Édith Piaf, as some of you might know." He gave a signal to the conductor and the first intro to the music played.