86

Eight o'clock came so fast and Lan Wangji decided to say yes to the deal to buy them some time. He did not want to see Jin Su, instead he just sent one word text to her. Deal. Then he threw his phone against the wall in anger, but mostly in helplessness. This was the first time in his life that he felt this helpless. But on the other hand, he was thinking. Jin Su was not this smart, nor was Meng Airan. Then he remembered the woman that bumped into Hua Cheng last night. She seemed to have recognized them, and didn't she come out of the same room that Meng Airan and the youngster were in?

"Qingge, check the surveillance camera on the corridor in front of the room where they kept Yingying. We bumped into a woman who just came out of the same room, and she seemed to recognize us."

"Ok. You won't believe the info dump Xiao Hei sent me. He copied all the surveillance cam datas, starting from the opening of that place."

"Keep them, we might need them soon."  He swore that after they caught whoever conspired in kidnapping his lover, he would tear that place apart.

Meanwhile, Madam Yuwen was standing outside in the pavilion in the middle of the beautiful lotus pond, making a call. She was surprised because her call to him was connected straight away instead of going to his voicemail as usual. And when the beautiful lilt of the French that he spoke was on, she was filled with sudden relief.

"Auntie Xing? What a surprise! Can I help you with something?"

He was always a polite boy. Yuwen Xing suddenly felt proud as if he was her own son.

"Actually yes. Where are you now? How soon can we meet?"

The man chuckled lightly before answering.

"Well, I have an important business to attend to in China, so I'm there. What about you, Auntie? Where do you want to meet? I'll find you as soon as I'm finished here."

Madam Yuwen could not believe her good luck. That man, who never stayed in the same place for more than three days, happened to be in the same continent with her right now.

"As a matter of fact, I'm in China too, and tomorrow is my wedding anniversary party. Can you come? I kinda need a favor to ask from you."

"What a coincidence. Sure I will come. Send my regards to Uncle please."

"I will. Merci bien."

" Je vous en prie, tante. Don't be a stranger."

He put his phone back in his pocket before he returned his attention to the man in front of him.

"Sorry, it's auntie Xing, as you may have guessed. She's probably going to ask me the same favor as the motley crew." He smiled sweetly. "Finally, I will be able to help my Xianxian. So, Dr. Xue, show me the body please."

Jin Su was waiting impatiently for Lan Wangji's answer. She knew that he would not refuse since his toy was in her hands. She smirked and watched the so-called toy in front of her, tied and helpless, ready to be butchered alive. Then she looked at Meng Airan. The latter was still busy cutting the Wen boy to the point of no skin left to be cut anymore. He was unable to even make a sound since he started being tortured this morning. On the other side of the room, the Wen girl cried nonstop. She tried to scream through the ball gag that Meng Airan mercilessly put on her. 

Jin Su watched in fascination when Meng Airan first showed her what she did with the two prisoners. It was like watching Fifty Shades of Twisted and Texas Chainsaw Massacre sans the cannibalism, or who knew? She was raised in a household where every imperfect thing, whether it was behaviour or stuff, was shoved under the carpet for the look of perfection. Just look at her father, the debauchee with so many kids he did not acknowledge, just like this one. Jin Su aimed to be the most perfect wife, and for that, she needed the most perfect husband, in which she would produce the most perfect children and they would live happily ever after in the most perfect life.