72

"Holy crap, you dig a whole mountain to build this nuclear facility slash bomb shelter?" Wei Wuxian looked at the massive concrete door right smack in the middle of a huge mountain that belonged to the Lans.

"This was actually built by my ancestor to prepare for the zombie apocalypse." 

Wei Wuxian was shocked to see Lan Wangji could speak like that with a straight face.

"I see you've been learning to make a joke, Lan Zhan, ha ha, funny." Wei Wuxian drove Xiao Hei to enter the bomb shelter, which had password verification, facial recognition and manual checking from someone tall and bulky, who climbed out of the huge matte black Hummer which just came out of the small building on the edge of the forest. Security .

"Who said that I'm joking?" Lan Wangji turned down the window. "Mingjue. I see brother sent you to check on my guests?" He spoke casually but still with authority. His brother must have been the one who ordered his head of security to snoop on him. What a stickybeak .

"Well, you know Xichen." Nie Mingjue chuckled. Then he saw Wei Wuxian and did a double take. "This…"
"This is my girlfriend, and the car behind us is also mine. Please input all our ID to make it easier for future access." Lan Wangji knew that Nie Mingjue must have seen that wretched figurine that he confiscated from Nie Huaisang, that little pervert.

"Sure… sure. I'm going to do it now." He took out a tablet and showed it to Wei Wuxian. "Please stay still for facial recognition, iris, palm and fingerprints input. Put your palm here please." Nie Mingjue took out a portable palm reader and Wei Wuxian did it all quietly and efficiently. When Nie Mingjue left, Lan Wangji put his hand on Wei Wuxian's forehead.

"Baby, are you sick? You're being quiet for more than a minute. Should I call a medical helicopter to take you to the nearest hospital?"

"Who are you and what have you done to my boyfriend?" Wei Wuxian slapped Lan Wangji's hand away. He noticed that lately, Lan Wangji often made jokes, teasing him, and even smiled more often. The effect of oxytocin, probably, the love hormone. 

"Evil clone." He pinched Lan Wangji's waist, making him smile, and then drove the car through the entrance, followed by Liu Qingge in his Lamborghini Sian. That car would be the one to undergo the makeover first, and if it succeeded, Xiao Hei would be next.

After they entered the first concrete gate, there was a huge elevator which could fit both cars at once, added the Hummer outside. The elevator was an antique industrial cage elevator, with all the intricate brassworks, which probably was the remnants of when the bomb shelter was first built. 

Wei Wuxian drove inside, followed by Liu Qingge, and the elevator descended. It was painted black and from the sound, the mechanism had obviously been upgraded. It was smooth, and steady. Of course details like these were important, especially in a dangerous workplace like this. Wei Wuxian really admired how they kept the original cage intact, it must have been a pain to maintain the condition of this elaborate vintage cage, with all the nooks and crannies to clean, and to preserve well. He knew, because his apartment was located in the topmost antique building with the identical elevator. 

But a bomb shelter… hmm, intriguing. He never thought of utilizing the basement of his building into something other than a garage. Maybe if he had a chance to go back there, he would definitely upgrade them.

"So, how long are we gonna be stuck here?" Wei Wuxian was super excited he literally almost jumped out of his skin.

"Long enough to do this." Lan Wangji pulled Wei Wuxian closer and kissed him passionately. 

Wei Wuxian smiled and he took off the safety belt and climbed into Lan Wangji's lap like he owned it.