[CH. 0]: Origins Pt. 1

<DISCLAIMER: The original copy of this fanfiction can be found on Quotev under the same title, uploaded by me (the author) under the same username. You are free to check out the original copy from quotev.com .>

In a world where 80% of the entire population possess supernatural abilities we call "Quirks", this became a newfound concept of normal.

Those who stood out from the rest, the powerless, are to be pushed down by the heavy pressures the society holds against them. And with that, it has been overlooked how human beings once functioned a few centuries back, almost forgetting the initial purpose of human life - to sustain and support each other despite the harsh circumstances each generation faces.

With the aforementioned new abilities the new generations of human beings have acquired, there was a new meaning of power and strength worth boasting. Times have changed, to the point of almost the majority have forgotten what life was like back then.

.

.

.

[Izuku's POV]

People are not born equal.

That was the harsh truth that my twin sister and I learned at the age of four...

But that... was our first and last setback...

It all started in the neighborhood of Musatafu in Japan, where three childhood friends were fated to meet, unaware of their future...

At first, any stranger wouldn't be able to tell if we were really friends while hanging out together at the playground... we'd mostly be mistaken as three kids fighting each other... Although I cannot argue with that last part.

Yes, we do have misunderstandings... but it's normal with your friends, right?

[End of Izuku's POV]

The twins brought their Rubik's cubes with them to the playground as a lonesome ash-blond-haired boy approached them, "What kinda boring toy is that??"

"Oh, Bakugo! It's called a Rubik's cube!" [y/n] happily answers as she shows the toy in front of him. She continues as she solves the toy in front of him, "All you have to do is to match all the colors on all sides... since there are six different colors, then all six sides should have one color each!" At the end of her explanation, she was able to follow her own instructions, making it a perfect demonstration as each side was on one color, just like she said.

Izuku chimes in, "You should try playing one of these, Kacchan!" He then tries to hand out his Rubik's cube to Bakugo.

Izuku then rearranges the colors and gave them to him. After a few minutes, Bakugo groans, "Arghhh!! This is too boring!!" he then blasts the toy away. Izuku then follows the trail, "My cube!"

"Can't you just give it to him like a normal person?" [y/n] puffs in anger. Bakugo retorts, "That is how I normally do it!" "Just use your hands without the quirk, you boombox!!"

And with that, he activated his explosion quirk on his left hand and blasted it near to her eyes, "What did you just call me?!"

[y/n] groaned as she covered her eyes with one hand as she tries to stabilize herself from falling to the ground. Struggling through the pain, she tries to land a hit on him as she tosses her own cube, to which she failed and made Bakugo cackle with pride.

Izuku's eyes widened as he saw blood trickling down from her eyes, but quickly went back as if it reversed the wound, and it seemed like Bakugo hasn't noticed that. "[y-y/n]..." He then glared at Bakugo, "What did you do to her?!"