[CH. 2]: Origins Pt. 3

"Now, [y/n]. As I was about to say, you have endured long enough. You tolerated the training, though it was harsh I admit. But it is for the best, it is for you [y/n]. 'No pain, no gain', right?" She nodded as she wiped her tears away while she puts her attention back on her father and the letter.

"The letter you have in your hands right now is a recommendation letter. You'll be going to a school where the hero of your twin brother used to study."

Her eyes got wider as if she did not cry just a moment ago. But right now, she is happy. Happy to go somewhere that will remind her of her closest family, Izuku.

"Will... Izu-chan be there..?" Worry stroke on her heart once more.

"Your twin brother does not have a quirk, you can't be a hero without one, can you?"

"But you can, dad. You don't need to have a quirk in order to be a hero... Izu-chan saved me so many times, too." She recalls her childhood memories. From what was so clear before now has faded, yet she remembered the feeling of being saved by her older brother, let it be as small a problem as trouble sleeping at night to dealing with bullies at the daycare center. Izuku was always there for her.

Not even once she felt like a shadow to her twin brother, for she was at his side, and her brother made sure she was never left behind.

"That's correct, [y/n]. I must say, your brother has something that I don't."

"Which is?"

"His body moves before he can even think, does he?" A moment of silence fell, and a brief second of realization hit her. Father was right. Izuku was always ready to step in, even when chances of him winning were slim. He has... the spirit of a hero.

-

"UA Academy, huh?" She stayed up all night looking up for some important information about the school. Since she got recommended, she didn't need to take the entrance exam.

For the first time in her life, she felt nervous. Yet, she also feels excited. She was so excited she woke up extra early to the academy and walked the distance from home giddily.

I hope I could make friends here.

Wait, what if everyone here is so uptight considering how much budget is allocated to this school for their hero course training? I'm enrolled in hero course!

What if everyone here is so intimidating?

I feel like it's impossible to talk to elite people here, everyone is on a whole different level, dammit!

Why am I looking forward to this?!

She was able to locate her classroom easily with all the giant letters written on every door. With a deep breath, she stepped into class 1-A.

She was appalled at the sight before her. A young man with ashy blond hair and red eyes, she knew who he was. She tries to stay silent with all her might as she scoots to her assigned seat...

"[y/n]?"

The voice made her stop dead in her tracks and face whoever was the source of that reassuring voice she missed hearing all these years.

"Izu...chan...Izu-chan? Izu-chan!!" At this moment, she didn't care who saw her running like that. She sprinted across the room and hugged her older twin brother, Izuku.

And, as expected, the twins cried while hugging each other with the so-called Pomeranian-haired boy getting reprimanded by the guy with glasses and hands doing the chopping motions vigorously.

"Izu-chan!!! Why didn't you tell me you would be here, too? You know how I hate surprises like this." She regained her previous calm demeanor, trying to shift the conversation.

"Sorry, [y/n]. I actually told you through the letters I sent to you, remember?"

"What letters? It's been, like, I don't know... more than a year since I got yours?"

To his surprise, he was wide-eyed, "[y/n], don't tell me... did they..."

"Izu-chan, what matters right now is the present. What matters is that we are reunited again." [y/n] puts her hand on his shoulder while she gives him a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, [y/n]."