[BK. 2 CH. 1]: Evasive Encounters

-BOOK 1: Sides Unparalleled, END-

-BOOK 2: The Other Awakens, START -

[ [y/n]'s POV ]

People are not born equal.

That's what I learned at the age of four.

But that's my first...

... and last setback.

It will not happen again.

I may be unsure of my future...

But I am sure of myself.

This may come off as hypocritical of me...

But...

History... indeed, repeats itself.

I will rekindle...

... my father's legacy.

[End of [y/n]'s POV]

"[y/n]!" Izuku called out as he ran with Uraraka, following his sister's trail with a huff as he came to a stop. "Did something happen?"

His eyes widened as he sees [y/n] teary-eyed and slouching as she pointed with a whimper, "I heard a cat screaming... and... and..." She continues with a sob, "I s-saw blood...! The cat...! It's... it's dead...!"

Uraraka and Izuku looked to where she pointed. There it was, a cat with four small deep scratch marks across its side, stretching from its spine to its belly as the blood oozes out from its guts. The cat's mouth remained ajar with hitched breathing as its eyeballs dry out from excessive air exposure, as the feline no longer has the strength to move a single muscle.

"B-blood...!" Uraraka whisper-yelled as she pointed while she rushed to [y/n], "Are you hurt anywhere? What happened here?!"

As [y/n] wiped her tear and hiccuped, she replied, "While I was talking with senpai... I heard a shriek from a cat... so I followed and ran to where it was... then I saw a bigger cat and a small cat fighting... the bigger cat ran away when it saw me... and... and the small c-cat... it's... it's dead... I... I saw! I was too late...!"

Uraraka enveloped [y/n] in a hug, and she pats her back for reassurance, "Now, now... there's... nothing we could do about it... the least we could do is give it a proper burial, right?"

[y/n] nods as she hugs her in return, while Izuku approached the carcass and observed it in close approximation as he crouched down, "Wait for a second..."

The two girls perked up to him as Uraraka spoke, letting go of [y/n] and walking her way towards him, "Find anything, Deku-kun?"

Izuku sweatdropped as he looked at the two, "This cat's pregnant."

"Oh no...!" [y/n] sighed as she exclaimed, cupping her cheeks until both of her palms covered her mouth, "We... gotta save the kittens! Can we?"

Izuku shook his head as he stood up while looking at the corpse, "I don't think we can. They were... sliced, too."

"I... was... too late, wasn't I?" [y/n] clasps her hands together as she looked down and sniffed, "I wasn't able to save them on time..."

Uraraka blinked, "Wait... the burial... we gotta do it fast, or else we'll miss the school bus."