[BK. 2 CH. 2]: Rising Tension

"Are you alright?" Todoroki spoke as he noticed [y/n] has gone quiet. "You're sweating more than usual."

"I'm fine, it's just..." [y/n] groaned as she looked away and wipes the sweat dripping from her chin with her knuckles, "This feeling... it's the same as what I felt at the first part of the licensing exam."

"What was it?"

"I feel like I should be somewhere else, not here." [y/n] sighs as she scratches a handful of hair on her head, "But I don't know where."

"Is there... anything I can do?" Todoroki asks as he inched closer.

"No need. It's alright."

"Will you be able to ignore it?"

"Unlike before, it's stronger now." She groans once more, both of her hands now grabbing her own hair into a bunch, "Can we... go outside for a bit?"

"Did I make you feel uncomfortable?" Todoroki's voice sounded weary.

"Wait, no. Not at all. Don't worry, Shoto. You're fine." She says his name properly this time and held his nearest hand with hers out of instinct.

Immediately, her hand lets go as she hid it behind her back, "Uhm, let's just go now."

Todoroki was the first to stand up as he watched her do the same and went towards the door together as he opened the door to the hallway. Thankfully, [y/n]'s room was on the ground floor. No need for elevators and stairs and has easy access to the nearest bathroom and kitchen.

Unfortunately, Mineta happened to be passing by as he saw Todoroki opening [y/n]'s dorm room's door with her behind him. He stared as he noticed [y/n]'s unkempt hair and sweaty forehead, his imagination running wild as usual as he asks Todoroki a question with a smirk, "So, you two are on that level now, huh?"

"Level?" Todoroki repeats the word as he answered, confused by his classmate's rhetorical yet stupid question, "We're on the ground floor right now."

As expected from Mineta, he gasped as he struts off to somewhere who knows what, "It's always the good-looking tall guys! Hmph!"

Todoroki looked back at [y/n] once Mineta was out of his sight as he checked, "Are you feeling any better, [y/n]?"

"Wha- Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Yeah." [y/n] spoke as if she snapped herself out of her thoughts without looking back at him.

"You can grab on my shoulder just like last time." Todoroki offers as he faced his body to her.

She shook her head and replied, "It's fine. I can walk. Let's go."

-

They made it outside with no further inconveniences apart from Mineta. 

It was late in the evening, and everyone was exhausted from the provisional hero licensing exam that happened that day.

"It's a mystery how you still talk to someone you find annoying, Shoto." [y/n] spoke as soon as the door closed.

"You're a mystery yourself." Todoroki replied.

The crisp gentle scent of the grass greeted the two as the wind blew gently across the building. It was a quiet evening, but not at all peaceful with a few crickets chirping nearby...

... and a couple of explosions from afar.

It wasn't from fireworks.

The two looked at the source of the loud noise as they turned their heads in a snap, and then at each other. [y/n] looked back at the source of the explosions once more as she thought that there could be a possibility that it was her brother and Bakugo.