[CH. 67]: New Place to Call Home... Maybe

"This has nothing to do with how great a hero you are," Inko spoke with teary eyes with the twins sitting beside her, "It's about classes that keep getting attacked by villains... and students who suffer injuries the school can't prevent."

"I don't want my children going to a school like that anymore... I just don't."

While [y/n] kept her head down in a sulky expression, Izuku spoke up as he stood, "You're wrong, mom!" 

He continued as he lifted his bandaged arm in front, "Me getting hurt was my own fault! The teachers gave me warning after warning...!" 

[y/n] chimed in as she perked up to her mother, "Mom, given the fact that both of us are stubborn, we deal with the consequences of our actions. We've been warned over and over about what's next to come, but look what it got me... I got kidnapped because I didn't return to the camp as instructed by one of our teachers. That was my fault, not theirs." 

She added as she reached out for Inko's hand on the table, "The school takes care of us, but we took it for granted."

Inko looked away as she sniffed, "If this is how it turns out, though... it's still the school's responsibility." 

All Might then motioned Izuku to take a seat and [y/n] to listen to her mother as Inko continued, "If they are still intent on becoming a hero... then there are plenty of hero courses at schools other than U.A."

[y/n] lets out a silent gasp as her eyes widened and began to water while Izuku remained standing as he clenched his fist with a grunt, and then sprinted out of the dining room. As Inko calls out for her son, All Might sighed, "Must be so hard for them to take."

As Izuku went away for a short while, [y/n] have been keeping her thoughts to herself with her head down, I'm getting... transferred...? But... I like it there... in U.A. ... I finally made friends... and now... just like that... Does this mean I can't see them again...? ... They treated me like family... it was... one of the best feelings ever to have them around... I thought mom wanted me to be happy... so why...?

Inko was about to call her son back as Izuku went out of his bedroom and spoke, "Fine." 

He continued as he faced his mother and All Might, "Look, mom... All Might..." 

He then unfolded a piece of paper in front of them as he revealed a handwritten letter, "Look at this letter I got. It's from a kid I rescued during our training camp." 

[y/n] paused as she recognized the boy he was referring to, "Kota..." 

Izuku spoke once more, "He hated heroes and quirks, but still... he wrote me a letter just to say thank you." 

He sweatdropped as he folded the paper, "I know I'm still a pain, making you worry all the time, but... even if it was just for a second, this kid's letter... made me feel like a real hero. I was happy."

A moment of silence dominated the room as Inko turned to face her daughter, "[y/n]..." 

She then cupped [y/n]'s cheeks as she wiped her tears dry, "I want you to be happy... so forgive me for changing my consent this soon right after. Now please... say something..." She continues, "It... feels odd... when you're eerily silent... it's scaring me... please... [y/n]?"

"I've been thinking," [y/n] spoke as she broke free from her mother's touch on her cheeks and looked away, "This is the first time I was given something to choose where I can't pick both." 

She furrowed her eyebrows as she clenched her fists resting on her thigh while looking down, "All my life... I thought... maybe because I don't want anyone I love so much would just vanish like that... I got scared when you mentioned transferring."