[BK. 2 CH. 11]: Looking Back

"Yo, yo! Pretty boy! You're here again, yay! I missed you!!" A young girl chirped as she waved to a familiar child while she sat by the edge of the floors of the platform house. She was waiting for him to come back since the previous week they first met each other.

"Hm... yeah. I am...!" The boy came into her bedroom with his fingers fidgeting with the ends of his shirt. His head bowed down like usual, never lifting up his chin as if he was ashamed of something.

"Is your father here to talk to my dad again? They're both so tall!" She stood up and approached his timid stature and tilted her head in curiosity, unaware she made a random comment about their fathers.

"I g-guess so... He said I can hang out with you today." The young boy didn't even spare a second to take a glance at her. His fingers didn't let go of the hems of his shirt, either. He pursed his lips the moment he finished responding to her.

"Good! I got the whole day planned for the two of us!" She noticed his nervous fingers, so she grabbed both of them as she cheered, "Hey, let's do our best again today. Okay?"

The boy widened his eyes at the gesture, yet he found no complaints about it as he nodded without looking at her again, "Hm. Yeah...!"

"But... we have to do something important first, Shoto-kun!" The girl gave a hearty chuckle as she lets go of his hands. She then inched her face closer to his as he stepped back, sensing the space between them getting thinner. He didn't look at her, not even once. He seemed rather shy than afraid.

She says, unfazed by his reaction as she smiled, "I want you to smile for me first! While I..."

The girl sensed how tense he feels, but nevertheless, she placed both of her hands on his cheeks as she made him look at her directly. She held in her laughter as she saw him closing his eyes and mouth shut. She spoke once more, "... will make you smile!"

"Make me... smile?" The boy repeats her words as he slowly opened his eyes while her hands are back to her sides.

"Yeah!" She says with a content smile, fighting the urge to pinch his cheeks.

"Plus, I don't like seeing you sad, Shoto-kun. It worries me! Did I do something wrong? Tell me!" The girl spoke insistently with a pout. She crossed her arms with their faces far against each other like in the beginning.

"N-no! You're fine..." The boy muttered as he shook his head. "Y-you should smile, too."

"Then," The girl spoke and smiled as she heard him, "Will my smile make you smile?"

-

"Ha ha ha ha ha!!" Sounds of boisterous laughter erupted within the four corners of the girl's bedroom.

"And then! And then! Baku-chan opened the box he got from the mail! He went 'AHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE HELL?!!!' when he saw the spiders crawling out of the box!" The girl narrates an anecdote her twin brother shared from the letters he sent to her.

She continues while her palms were out as they glow to bright light, sudden little bursts of light came about on her hands, "Baku-chan entered the classroom like this! Izu-chan said he looked angry! His hands were like 'Boom! Boom! Zoot! Bam!' He tried to land a hit on my Izu-chan, but the teacher arrived before he can do it! It was so funny! Auntie told Izu-chan about Baku-chan screaming in his room! Ha ha ha!!"

"Wahhh..." The girl spoke in awe as she looked at him while he was laughing his heart out, "You really look so pretty! You look the best when you're happy, Shoto-kun!"