[BK. 2 CH. 4]: Mutual Understanding

"Being a hero all these years... has taught me something," All Might slowly let go of [y/n] as he looked at Bakugo, who seemed avoidant at the moment. "You love to win. Don't you, Bakugo?"

All Might then looked at [y/n] slouched in front of him as he pats her head, "You don't hesitate to sacrifice yourself. Am I right, [y/n]?"

Then he averted his gaze to her twin brother, Izuku, who sat on the ground as he wiped the sweat from his forehead with his shirt, "And Izuku, you strive to save those in need."

He continues, looking at the three lovingly, as if they were his own children, "If those qualities were not there, I could have never stood for justice in the way I did. You don't want to admit how much you three look up to each other. I understand what you mean. One of you looks up to the other's strength, one fears the other's spirit, and one's selflessness was envied by the other."

"You three just laid everything bare... so can't you see, now?" All Might looks up as the wind slowly swept the dust from the ground.

Almost immediately, [y/n] groaned as she caressed her wounded right cheek, "I haven't laid everything bare yet, All Might."

All Might looked at her without moving an inch as [y/n] continued, "All those years when I wasn't around, I had no idea what happened to Izu. But I became desperate because of my growing concern..."

"...that I did something terrible."

"[y/n]..." Izuku spoke in a whisper tone as his sister carries on, "We exchanged letters for several years... but you weren't the only one I wrote a letter to, Izu."

She then looks at Bakugo with a sarcastic chuckle, "You seldom reply to me... because you knew what you did was wrong. Right, Bakugo?"

The blond-haired boy confessed as he clicked his tongue, "Why the hell... would you even send me those letters without answering the questions I sent to you...?" He continued, "You made me fucking wait all those years... you didn't explain your situation to me... of course, I would seldom reply when you keep dodging."

[y/n] sighs as she sat down slowly, "But... at least you're honest. That's one of the good things you have, Bakugo. You either stay silent... or say things frankly. It's admirable, I hate to admit it."

She continues as she looked in his direction, tilting her head carefully, "You know.... you're not weak, Bakugo. It takes guts to be honest. Honesty needs strength and courage, and you have that. But..."

"... I won't ask for your apology. I don't need that from you." 

Her response made him look at her as he spoke, "As if I would say sorry."

"I figured you'd say that, haha."

Bakugo changes the topic as he sat down with a slump, "Back at the sports festival..." He then eyes the twins, "...you two... were the fastest... yet still lost, huh?"

"We'll get stronger." [y/n] replies with a solemn smile, ignoring the pain on her right cheek.

"Enough to beat you." Izuku finishes the reply with a nod.

"So," Bakugo lets out a long sigh as he leaned back on where he sat, "Who knows about the deal... with Deku and All Might?"

[y/n] slowly raised her hand, "Honestly, if our classmates were a little more observant... they would've caught on, too."

All Might almost coughed in response, "Uhm... Recovery Girl, and the principal... among the students... it's you and [y/n]." He continued as he looked at [y/n], "Mind... telling us how you knew...?"

[y/n] crossed her arms while staying seated as she glared at All Might like how Recovery Girl would at the retired pro hero, "All Might... I say this with all due respect... But teachers don't normally invite students to eat lunch with them together. Thank goodness our classmates see it as you taking a liking to Izu since they observed how your quirks were similar."