[CH. 79]: Provisional Hero Licensing Exam Pt. 4

Want some gum?" Ms. Joke offered her snack with a cheeky smile to Aizawa who still sat far from her by one vacant chair on her right.

Crossing his arms, he slouched without looking at her, "The kind that traps your finger? No thanks. Not falling for your pranks."

Ms. Joke chuckled in response as she opened the packet of gum, swallowed a piece to her mouth, "Nope, just normal gum!"

He perked up to the commotion down below them as they stay seated by the bleachers, "So frustrating that we can't see who has passed and who has failed."

Ms. Joke agreed as she tucked the excess pieces of gum into her pocket, "Shindo made it even worse with that ground splitter..."

She then paused as she looked at him with her hands on both sides of her seat, "Don't tell me... are you worried about them?!"

Aizawa replied with his eyes not taking off of his students from afar, "When it comes to Class A, one thing becomes obvious after watching them long enough."

He continues as Ms. Joke chews the gum from earlier, "They probably haven't realized it themselves but the class..." He then looked at the green-haired boy dashing through the rocky terrain while the boy with anger issues was nowhere to be seen, "... revolves around a certain pair... and a catalyst."

"A pair and a catalyst, huh..."

"It's not that this pair brings everyone together or serves as pillars or anything of the sort. In fact, these two don't get along."

Ms. Joke's eyes widened as soon as the gum she blew into a bubble blew up, "So that's where the catalyst comes in...!"

Aizawa nods as he continued, "This catalyst changes almost everything. But it depends on her if she's willing to change the dynamics... or to encourage the two to change and set aside their differences to cooperate."

The exam continues as Izuku, Uraraka, and Sero devised a trap that sent the other students to their demise, trapping one participant and another.

Aizawa, with his unpolished smile hidden underneath the scarf that gently hugged his neck, continues to reply, "At one point or another, they infected the rest of the class with their passion and fervor."

He then crossed his legs without missing a beat, "It's odd... but at least one of them is sure to be the heart of every storm. So no, Joke, I am not worried. I am expecting big things. Their very presence... raises the bar for the entire class."

-

"Society isn't meant to be having a constant influx of heroes." Shishikura Keiji, with the quirk Meatball, spoke up as soon as he had Bakugo and Kirishima into unsightly balls of kneaded flesh as he faced Kaminari on top of a suspended bridge with a wide-way exit route facing his back.

He continued as Kaminari took a few steps back with no plans of backing down and giving up, "With that in mind, just like how the wheat needs to be separated from the chaff, the screening for noble heroes in this exam should have been done more rigorously in the first place."

With a step forward, Shishikura carried on as the flesh on his arms starts to deform, "As I have said, I will fully contribute my efforts into removing you people from the equation."

He clicked his tongue, "Speaking of heroes, a villain in the making shouldn't be in a place where she doesn't belong, either. It's rigging the hero system apart if she keeps participating as if she had nothing to do with all of the commotions. Why would someone who isn't even a hero and someone who doesn't act as a hero should be here?"

Kaminari rubbed the side of his temple and groaned, He even went far as bad-mouthing Bakugo and [y/n]...! What a sicko with double standards, telling me what a hero should be when his mouth does not speak like one! "Man, you sure know how to hurt people with words, huh? I really wish you'd cut it out already."