[CH. 21]: UA Sports Festival Pt. 3

"Is everyone ready? The event is about to begin!!" Iida shouts as his classmates stayed in the preparation room.

"Wait, [y/n] is not here yet!" Uraraka panics, "Deku, did she answer your calls?" she asks. 

"She hasn't," Izuku was nervous about the upcoming event, but he worries if she can arrive on time. "It has been 30 minutes since I started calling her and she hasn't seen my messages either."

"That's one less problem to worry about now," Bakugo says as he leans against the lockers. 

"Kacchan, don't say that!"

"So what? With what happened back at USJ, I bet she would not even stand a chance here." He scoffs as he looks away.

"I am not the same as before you know," [y/n] arrives as she takes in deep breaths for she looked like she was running to get there on time. 

"[y/n]! For Pete's sake where were you?" Uraraka approaches [y/n] with worry on her face. 

"[y/n], why didn't you check your phone? I called and texted you." Izuku forms a sulky expression. 

"I left my phone, it was on low battery anyway." She shrugs. "Also, I'm sorry I made you guys worried," she scratches her neck while looking down.

"By the way," Uraraka spoke, "Why weren't you able to come here early, something happened?" "I set an alarm on my phone, but as I said, it was on low battery so the alarm didn't go off." She looks away as she tucks her hands in her pockets while wearing her gym uniform. Kayama-san didn't wake me up either, she might've thought I left early.

Uraraka and Izuku deadpans, "You use your phone too much even during classes, its surprising how you forgot to charge it beforehand." 

[y/n] whines, "I know okay? I get it!"

Izuku then fell silent while clutching his chest and gritting his teeth, to which the two girls took notice, they asked, "Is everthing alright?" 

"Y-yeah... just nervous...! I can hear my pulse all the way up here!" 

[y/n] then pats his back, "It's okay, Izu. Take deep breaths." 

Uraraka joins in, "Keep it toge-"

"Midoriya Izuku."

If this was a horror movie, that voice and tone would have been perfect for an auditory jumpscare.

Startled by who called his full name, Izuku looks up, "Todoroki-kun, what is it...?"

Todoroki continues, "Objectively speaking, I am stronger than you, more capable."

[y/n] scoffs at her own thought, yeah no sh*it! But who asked, though?

What is he doing...?

Izuku stutters, "Huh? S-sure..."

"All Might's got his eye on you, doesn't he? Now I'm not about to pry into why that is, but..."

"...I will beat you."

[y/n] looks at the two boys as silence start to dominate the room. Her worried eyes then locked unto Izuku.

All Might again, huh...

Kaminari sweatdropped from his seat, "Woah, a declaration of war from the strongest in class?"

Kirishima joins in as he tries to tap Todoroki's shoulder, "Hey man, why pick a fight now? We are about to go on-" to which he swatted away from the touch, "I don't really care. I am not pretending to be anyone's friend here."

"You might need friends when you least expect it, you know." [y/n] rebuts. She continues, "Besides, I bet acting aloof and all that whatever you call it... you'll need someone whom you can call a comrade or an ally someday."