[CH. 55]: Forest Training Camp Pt. 8

"I can't get close to him! I guess I have no choice but to blast him to hell with full power!" Bakugo yelled as he stood behind Todoroki's wall of ice as Moonfish sends his blade teeth to them once more, trying to get past through the wall. 

Todoroki hollered at the ash-blonde-haired boy, "No!" 

Bakugo retorted, "If the trees catch fire, just cover them with your ice!" 

[y/n] joined in as she makes more of her hardening liquid, "An explosion would block our field of vision! What happens if it doesn't finish him off?!" She continued as panic started to catch up to her tone, "He got us beat in range and firepower!"

With a thud, the trio hears a familiar voice fast approaching their direction, "There! I see ice. They must be fighting!" 

Confused, including Moonfish, they all looked to the spot of the source of the voice as trees were suddenly destroyed by the rampage thanks to Dark Shadow.

[y/n] was the first to speak up as she called, "Shoji?!"

Shoji screamed as he ran towards them, "One of you, please... give us some light!!" 

As Moonfish continues to make a sound, Dark Shadow charged at him with almost full power sending the villain to the ground. 

Hurriedly, [y/n] placed both of her hands together as she rushed near Dark Shadow while trying to conjure the same light she made back at the sports festival. (Refer to Chapter 23 for context.) Come on, work! [y/n] mentally chanted as she got closer.

Todoroki yelled as he noticed the distance between [y/n] and Dark Shadow as Moonfish launched his blades at her, "[y/n], watch out!" 

As she didn't hear him for she was too focused on making the light on her hands, Bakugo growls as he jumped in to push her away from the blades coming at her, "Oi, look at your surroundings, you dumb ass!" 

They both fell to the ground beside each other as [y/n] groaned trying to stand up, "You didn't do that earlier, and your ass just got saved by me and Todoroki. Don't tell me what to do."

She then raised her hand as the light slowly starts to appear on her palm while she goes near in a cautious manner. 

This time, Bakugo tugged her arm as he spoke, "We gotta send this villain to hell first."

Just as [y/n] nodded at him, another voice was heard from Shoji's back, "Kacchan!" 

She paused as she saw Izuku's state, "Izu..." 

Having almost no willpower to blink, her knees suddenly felt wobbly. What's wrong with me...? This isn't the first time he has been this hurt! But why do I feel like it's my fault for not being able to save him on time...? I could have gone there and helped him defeat whichever villain he was against... I guess... I was really too late.

Izuku stuttered as he saw her sister's reaction, "W-wait... [y/n]! I'm fine, don't worry about me!" 

As Dark Shadow continued to torture Moonfish in the background, they all carried on speaking in a whisper tone. 

[y/n] was rendered speechless as she cleared her throat while Bakugo instinctively held her by her shoulders, "We gotta do this fast."

Todoroki huffed as he observes the villain and Dark Shadow, "It's attacking indiscriminately, a good fire should-"

"Wait, you moron," Bakugo spoke to Todoroki as he eyed on Dark Shadow's behavior. "Just watch." 

As they all followed what Bakugo said, Dark Shadow single-handedly defeated Moonfish as it screamed while going about, "Still not enough!! I need to rage!!!"