[BK. 2 CH. 15]: At Bane's End

"So," the lone female of the U.A. trio, Nejire, budges a question as she walked Mirio with Tamaki leading the way out of the gym after all the first years have left. She noticed her fellow blond mate's eager smile as she turned to face him, "Any of them catch your eye? I've gotta say... I thought you were gonna beat the crap outta 'em! But those two really turned it around, huh? He he he he!!"

Tamaki shyly spoke, his hands still hiding inside the front pocket of his pants, "Seriously... you gotta dial it down a little, Mirio. They could really get hurt back there..."

He paused to listen to what Mirio had to say. Clenching his jaw a little, Tamaki sensed the idea from what he had observed between the first years and Mirio earlier. He rarely saw that part of Mirio where he'd furrow his eyebrows in a friendly spar since he usually does that when he's fighting a villain during internships.

It was something Nejire found odd, too. Both had never thought to see that side of him that way. She thinks he got tensed a bit, especially because of the green-headed twins. Her mind starts imagining what could have happened if the two teamed up.

Mirio, by the slightest fluke and experience, has a chance against the twins, considering how they're just starting their path towards becoming a hero. Izuku has sharp predicting skills that can analyze movements from just a brief moment and quick reaction reflexes. He's also a good strategist on top of that. [y/n] has keen instincts that resemble a quirk-reader— one that can catch the enemy off-guarded especially when she has not even witnessed or experienced their quirk yet. Both have great observational skills as if they have had a hundred battles in their previous lives, and their current incarnations are applying those experiences and knowledge in this.

They have already watched the two during the sports festival, knowing they can still get better in due time. Only Mirio was the only one who witness the twin's developments thanks to the fog blocking the other two's views.

That also got Tamaki hesitating to suggest what Mirio's answer could be as he bit his tongue.

They then heard him hum, followed by his expected response as he looked at the anticipating duo, "Pretty sure it's who you two are thinking...!"

"I can see it in your faces, hehe," he says as he smiled, crossing his arms, "But Todoroki-kun's abilities are worth mentionin', too... the whole 1A even!"

-

-

-

"I gotta say, [y/n]," Doctor nodded in satisfaction after [y/n] told him everything when she used her quirk against the upperclassman, "I'm glad it all worked out in the end. We can debunk the null hypothesis on that drug research for now. Remember, you are the only variable here as it is risky and expensive. No one is as compatible with the drug as you, not even your brother. But I doubt you remember that."

She sat across him on a metal swiveling chair as she swung her legs back and forth, waiting for Doctor to finish talking as he flipped the patient chart attached to the clipboard he was holding. A content sigh can be heard from both parties, seeing she wasn't hurt and no negative effects have appeared so far.

"How much does the drug cost anyway?" [y/n] quirked as she stabled her seat, her legs stopped swinging, "Is this why my father is not the only investor in this? Were there other people like me?"

The Doctor groaned as he placed the chart on top of the table full of documents neatly stacked beside him, "Sorry kiddo. Patient-Doctor Confidentiality contract is keeping my mouth shut."

"But—!"

"And you are not a patient. You are a variable. An experiment. A human clinical trial. Keep that in mind."