𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝑴𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝑾𝒆 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒉

AFTERMATH OF THE LANTERN RITE EVENT

You headed to the Third Round Knockout to see Zhongli sipped a cup of tea while listening to a story about something that was told by Iron Tongue Tian before you approached towards him. "You called, Mr. Zhongli?" He immediately turned to you with a smile.

"Ahh... Y/N, you're here. Have a seat." He welcomed you as you took a seat in front of him. He gave you a cup of what you could presume is Osmanthus wine since it gave you a fruity and floral scent. "I won't take up much of your time but would you mind if I ask you a few questions?" He asked which immediately made your body tensed but you nodded, knowing already what would be his question.

"Yes, please. Feel free to ask." You took a sip of the wine, trying to calm yourself down.

"You probably are not aware of this but saying my name whether it be Morax or Rex Lapis, I can hear whatever you say or pray. Tell me, during the time where you were doing an adepti ritual, why was that your first sentence of the prayer was, "Forgive me, Daddy Morax for I have been a bad boy?"

Never have you ever felt this strong sense of embarrassment in your entire life. You really hated yourself for having a brain that's just full of cursed shit. Your eyes couldn't even meet with him and the strong urge of you took out a sword and stab yourself is really tempting you to do it. He waited for your answer as you cleared your throat. "I- Umm... About that... I have no idea. My brain went autopilot and I guess that I was used to praying like that in my old religion... So yeah..."

You really hoped that he won't ask what sort of religion you practiced because you have no other excuse since he probably know that no Archon or gods would have such prayer like that in Teyvat. "Interesting..." He trailed off as you could feel his eyes on your body. "Never have I thought you were a religious person." You don't know why but that word somewhat hurt you.

You just chuckled nervously as you rubbed your neck and still feel the cheeks lingers on your face while you took another sip of the wine. "I guess it was a wishful thinking of mine that you actually think of me that way." You immediately choked on your drink but somehow managed to swallow it in and is coughing. You would've not expected Zhongli would be like this. He just chuckled before you glanced at him, trying to keep yourself calm.

"I didn't know you were that kind of guy, Mr. Zhongli." You said as with a slight amused look as he just smiled.

"Anyways, we shouldn't discuss such things like this in public and you probably have some other plans during this Lantern Rite. If you would like to talk to me more, you could just stop by at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor for a chat. You wouldn't mind if I ask you to help me out with something, right?" He asked while which immediately make you turned your gaze to him.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" You asked as he slid to you a sealed bag with bunches of tablets in it. You wondered what this is all about as his expression turned to gloom.

"Since the Yaksha seems to be slowly opening up to you and learning to trust you, I believe you would be appropriate you to give him these medicines to him. If he questioned where you got it, tell him you got it from certain someone and if he is curious, he could find the person tomorrow on Mt. Aocang." He said which you took it and kept it in your inventory.

"If you say so, I'll give it to him then." His eyes wandered to your wrist, seeing that you still wearing the bracelet which put a soft smile on his face.

"Well then, it was nice to have a talk with you, time is ticking and you better get ready for the lantern release." He said as he patted your head which surprised you but you did not say a word about it and gave him a smile.