Chapter 8

ROXIE'S POV:
We've just finished watching a movie that Scarlett, Chris, and Lizzie were in! It was really good and Lizzie's accent was beautiful in it. Scarlett's just gone to the bathroom and Lizzie gets a message. She looks at me quickly before texting something back. I start to get worried what if it's Mr. Richards coming to take me back!? I don't want to leave. I love it here. "Roxie, would you like to come to work with me and Scar tomorrow?" Lizzie asks me and I can't believe it! "Really?" I ask her and she nods. I get so excited I just jump onto her and give her a missive hug. Her affection is rubbing off on me I swear! I must hug somebody at least three times a day! Lizzie jokes about me not having to come but I am coming 1000%! Maybe Jeremy will be on set. I hope so!!

Scarlett comes back as I climb off Lizzie and she smiles at us. "What are you two so happy about?" Scarlett asks us and before Lizzie can open her mouth I shout out "Lizzie said I can go to work with you both tomorrow!" Lizzie smiles at me and Scarlett comes and sits down next to me. We watch another few movies before I start to yawn. Lizzie sees and after the movie finishes, she walks me to the spare bedroom that I guess is mine now. I sit down on the bed and Lizzie sits next to me. "You'll have to behave tomorrow! No messing around with Chris!" Lizzie jokes and I nod. "I will I promise!" I say still hoping she'll let me go. She ruffles my hair "And you have to let me do your hair in the morning too!" I smile at Lizzie before she leaves so, I can get changed.

I've been laying in bed for three hours now and I can't sleep. I glance at the little clock next to the bed and see it says 2:25 am. My thoughts have gotten the better of me tonight and I can't stop worrying about tomorrow. What if they don't like me or think Lizzie is wrong taking care of me? What if they hate me and persuade Lizzie to take me back? Oh god, I don't want to go back! I start to panic and walk into Lizzie's room. "Lizzie?" I whisper tapping her shoulder gently. She wakes up with a little jump and sees me "What's wrong honey?" "I can't sleep," I say feeling stupid for waking her up. "Come here" She moves the covers back and taps the bed next to her. I walk over and climb into the bed. Lizzie wraps her arms around me. "Why can't you sleep?" She asks me stroking my hair. I sigh before looking up at her "I'm scared they won't like me and will make you send me back" I say with tears in my eyes. "No baby I'd never take you back there. That man is bad and is going to jail. I'm going to get every kid out of there!" Lizzie says kissing my head. "If you do phone the police on him, can they all stay with us please?" I ask her. I've been desperate to see all the little ones again. Lizzie thinks for a second before saying "How many are there?" I think for a second counting all the kids. "Well, there's eight but a few got adopted before I left and a baby joined just after..." "A baby?" Lizzie asks sounding shocked. I nod "But he doesn't hurt the ones under like five so it should be safe for her" I sigh trying to persuade myself the same thing. "Well, missy it's time for you to sleep!" Lizzie says kissing my head again. I snuggle into her and fall asleep pretty fast.

LIZZIE'S POV:
I say goodnight to Roxie before heading to my room to get ready for bed too as I'm pretty tired and we have to be up at 5 am tomorrow which Roxie isn't going to be happy about as she isn't a morning person. I climb into bed excited to be able to let somebody outside the house know about Roxie. I shut off the light and pull the covers up falling asleep pretty fast.

"Lizzie?" A little voice whispers. I feel someone touch my shoulder and I half-wake up and see Roxie. I instantly panic hoping nothing is wrong. "What's wrong honey?" I ask her sleepily and she responds with a quiet "I can't sleep." I move back the covers and open my arms indicating for her to get in which she does and she cuddles up to me. I ask her why she couldn't sleep and she tells me how anxious she is to see the others tomorrow. She then tells me about her foster home and that there are eight or nine kids and a baby. My heart sinks when I hear 'baby' and I start to worry if that horrible man is hurting the baby right now. I tell Roxie to go to sleep and she does pretty quickly but all I can think about is what if that man is hurting the baby right now.