Chapter 22

LIZZIE'S POV:
I pull up in the nearest parking space and turn the car off. "You all hungry?" I ask and Rose answers be squealing loudly. We laugh until we hear a little cry. I turn around and see Marley crying. I get out and sort her buggy out before clipping her in and checking my phone. I have three missed calls from the number that phoned me this morning. "Scar can you watch the kids for a minute? I just have to phone somebody" I say and Scar nods before getting Rose out the car. I click on the number and wait a couple of rings before the man answers. "Hello?" he says." "Hello it's Elizabeth from earlier. Is something wrong?" I ask. "Well not wrong. The couple have decided they want to see Marley before they decide to adopt her. Would that be okay?" he asks. "So they want to see her first? Then they fly back with her if they do adopt them?" I ask. "Exactly and you never know Roxanne might get to meet the couple and she might really like them!" He says. I agree and we arrange a date. They'll fly over tomorrow and then we can have a dinner together at mine so that she can meet Marley. I hope that Rox likes them! "Okay thank you bye!" I say before hanging up and walking back to the car. Scar has Rose on her hip whilst pushing the buggy with Marley in and Roxie is pacing around on the phone to someone. I need to get her a new phone! I walk back over "You need a hand there Scar?" I say and she nods handing the buggy handle to me. I smile before calling over to Roxie "Come on the kids are hungry!" Roxie nods before walking over to me. I wrap an arm around her and we walk over to the restaurant pushing the buggy with one hand which isn't as easy as it sounds!

ROXIE'S POV:
Lizzie gets out the car and walks a little away chatting to somebody on the phone. "Hey Rox you want to help me with the kids?" Scarlett asks me. I'm about to answer when my phone starts ringing. My stomach drops as the only person to phone me is Mr Richards as I have no other numbers on my phone other then Scarlett and Lizzie. I glance down and see it's an unknown number. Should I answer? I get out the car and walk away a little like Lizzie did and answer the phone. "H-Hello?" I say a little nervous of who it could be. "Hi Rox. It's Chris! I tried phoning Scar but she didn't answer" he says and I sigh out of relief. "Yeah she's looking after Rose and Marley so she doesn't have her phone on her." I tell him. "Do you want me to give her a message?" I ask. "Right yeah I just wanted to erm.... Could you just tell her I phoned?" he asks. "Sure" I say. He probably just needs to talk to her about filming or something. It wont be about me... right? I hang up as Lizzie calls me over. I rush back to her and she puts an arm around me as we go into the restaurant.

SCARLETT'S POV:
I start gently pushing the buggy back and forth hoping to calm a crying Marley down as Lizzie and Rox are both on the phone. "Mummy I want up!" Rose says tugging on the bottom of my shirt. "Mummy's a little busy Roes can you wait a second?" I say and she shakes her head "I want cuddle Mummy!!" Rose whines. I sigh and bend down balancing her on my hip and she cuddles into my shoulder. I put one hand around Rose and the other back on the buggy as Marley seems to be calming down a little. I keep doing this until my arm starts aching. "Rose Mummy's arm is hurting now, you think you can go down?" Rose shakes her head and I'm about to try persuading her when I see Lizzie walk over. "Thank goodness! My arm was going dead!" I say letting go of the buggy and using both arms to support Rose. I look over to where Roxie is and Lizzie follows my gaze before calling her over.

We get inside and the woman walks up to us. "Hello how many people will be eating?" she asks smiling at us. "Four and a highchair please" I say and the woman nods and we follow her to a table. "I'll get you a highchair now" she says and I put Rose down so she standing on the floor. "You think you can be a big girl and sit in a chair by yourself?" she nods and I place her down on the chair using a booster seat the woman got us. "Here are your menus and highchair. Just call me over when you want to order" she says before walking back to the kitchens. Lizzie sets Marley down in the highchair and sits next to Roxie.

ROXIE'S POV:

We get seated and I look at the menu. I'm not hungry anymore but I know Lizzie and Scar really want to have a nice meal so I just choose a pasta with some water and ice. Lizzie orders for me whilst I colour with Rose. "I have something to tell you Rox" Lizzie tells me. I look up and my fear must be obvious as she says "It's nothing bad honey, don't worry." I nod and take a sip of my water. "The couple that want to adopt Marley want to meet us first. They're flying over tomorrow morning and then are coming to our house for a meal to get to know us." She tells me. They're just doing this so we like them and let them have Marley. It's stupid! I'm not letting her go to these people. I see the little ones sometimes here and there like I saw Bella in the park the other day and I saw Payton playing with what must be her foster father which made me so happy knowing she's happy but if Mar goes to Australia then I'll never get a chance to see her! "Rox? You okay?" Lizzie asks bringing me back out of my thought. "Can we talk about this at home please? I just don't want to think about it right now" I say and she nods.

Our food arrives and we chat all through the meal. We talk about the Marvel movies and the other movies they've been in, we talk about animals (which was Roses idea!) and then finally we talk about what phone I want. I've only ever had one phone before and I've had it for six years. Lizzie thinks it's old and I need a new one but I like the one I have! Lizzie says we can go phone shopping if I want to so I guess that's what we will be doing later! Lizzie pays and we take a long walk back to the car so Rose and Marley can fall asleep.