Chapter 54

⚠POSSIBLE TW- nightmare mentioned but not in great depth. ⚠

LIZZIE'S POV:
I wake up to Roxie moving around. I watch as she wiggles from one position to another thinking if she's having a bad dream or if she's just trying to get comfy. I look at the time and see it's quarter past four so we haven't been in bed for too long. I roll over to face Rox, wrap my arms around her and bring her into me. She frowns in her sleep before continuing to squirm around. "Rox? Rox honey" I whisper gently shaking her shoulder. "Honey" I say again. Rox frowns before opening her eyes and leaning closer into me. "Did you have a bad dream?" I ask her and she nods. "Okay that's okay. What do you want to do" I ask her turning the little lamp on my bedside table on. "Cry" she mumbles. "Okay you can cry. I'll be right her to comfort you" I tell her. She shakes her head and sighs. "Can you tell me what it was about?" I ask her. "Erm well... I was with my parents and then it jumped and I was back with him and.... And the kids and then it jumped again and I was with you and Sparky. You were taking me back" she mumbles picking at the skin around her finger nails. "Okay. How do you want to cope with this bad dream?" I ask her and she shrugs. "We can have some warm milk and try going to bed, we could watch some TV, we could chat for a bit or we can just cuddle" I ask giving her options. I read this thing Scar sent me about kids having frequent nightmares and how it's best to deal with them. First it said you ask how the child is. If they're good and can sleep allow them to. If, like in Rox's case, they probably wont go back to sleep you ask them about it. Once you have an idea or they tell you, you then ask how they want to cope with the situation. Give options and allow them to input. They know what their bodies want so allow them to make the choice. "I kinda like them all. Can we cuddle on the sofa with warm milk and watch something?" she asks. "Of course we can. You grab a blanket or two and pick a movie whilst I start on the warm milk" I say helping her out of bed. She carries a few blankets over to the sofa and I go to the kitchen to warm some milk in some mugs.

ROXIE'S POV:
I sit on the sofa and wait for mum to come back through. She does and she cuddles up to me. "What? Your missing something I can see. What is it you want?" mum asks me. She's been able to read me better these past few days. I'm letting my guard down, showing my emotions too much. This cant happen otherwise my trust will be broken and then my life will fall apart. I have to be more protective over my emotions. "Nothing" I mumble but mums shakes her head. "Nope I can tell you want something. You want Sparky?" she asks and I shake my head. "Oh I know what you want!" she says jumping up and going into her room. She comes back a few moments later with my build-a-bear in her hands. I cant help but smile a little. She was right with what I wanted. "Thanks" I say taking the bear from her. She cuddles back into the blankets and I rest my head on her lap. She messes with my hair before asking "So how about we go shopping tomorrow? By some things for school" "Oh I don't want to go to school. I always get bullied and I never make friends" I tell her. "It's a new school with a new start. You're a loveable person and now you don't have to worry about anyone else you can let your guard down a little. Show the real you and you'll make friends easily" mum tells me. "I don't know about that but sure I'll go shopping with you. On one condition" I say. "Hmm? And what's that?" she asks me. "I don't bring my crutches!" I say and she laughs. "That's a no. You don't have to use them but I want them in the car just in case" she tells me before kissing my head, playing the movie and messing with my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 754 

Sorry this is a late (ish) update time flies by so fast in a day. Hope you're all doing well :)