Chapter 29

[Time skip to the next day]

ROXIE'S POV:
I wake up to my phone ringing. I yawn and look at the caller and see Lizzie's name light up my screen. I grab my phone and answer it. "Hey Lizzie what's wrong?" I mumble still very tired. "Hey baby. Look I have a surprise for you but I need to know what you want to do first, okay?" she says speaking very fast. She's obviously in a rush. "O-okay" I say. "So I want to know if you want me to adopt you because they've found you have a half-aunt" What!? I have a half-aunt!? "I-W-what!?" I say sitting up in bed. "I know it's a shock baby but I need to know soon" she tells me. "I- okay yeah sure!" I tell her and she squeals before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone. I don't know why but as soon as she hangs up I burst into tears. Chris must hear as he comes into my room. "Hey Rox? What's wrong?" he asks sitting next to me. "Lizzie's adopting me!" I cry out. "That's amazing!" he says and I nod. "So these are happy tears?" he asks and I shrug. "I don't know. I feel bad for replacing my birth parents. They're always gonna be my parents but I just feel bad. "I just don't know!" I say and he hugs me. "How about we go play with Dodger?" he asks and I agree. I get up and follow him, drying my eyes.

We mess around with Dodger for an hour until Lizzie comes to collect me. "Thank you so much for letting me stay with you Chris!" I say giving him a massive hug. "How does Uncle Chris sound?" Lizzie says and I nod. "I like it!" I say hugging Chris again. "Me too" he says. "By Dodger" I say patting his head. Lizzie grabs my bag and we walk to her car.

LIZZIE'S POV:
Me and Roxie get in the car and I start driving. "Would you like a dress for the adoption?" I ask her. "Sure" she says fiddling with her fingers. "What's up honey?" I ask her. "Can we not get a tight one?" she asks me. "Tight one? What do you mean?" I ask confused. "Never mind" she mumbles looking at the floor. "Are you sure it's okay?" I ask and she nods.

We park up at the shopping centre and walk over to a dress shop. "You can get whatever dress you want honey" I tell her and she nods. I cant help but feel like she's self-conscious about something. I have noticed I've been washing more of her larger hoodies than the ones she used to wear when we first met. Maybe I'll mention it to her later. "Have you found one baby?" I ask her and she nods a little. "Where is it?" I ask and she points to a red velvet dress that is beautiful! "You want that one?" I ask her but she shakes her head. "No?" "I'd rather get dungarees I think" she mumbles. "Okay that's fine baby. We can get some. Do you know what shop you want to get them from?" I ask her and she shrugs. "Can we just go home please?" she asks and I nod whilst frowning. She normally loves shopping!

We get home but Roxie runs off to her bedroom. I pack the groceries I collected before getting Roxie away and go to Roxie's room. I knock on the door. "Roxie I need to speak to you. Can you come out?" I ask as I want to speak to her in the living room. "Am I in trouble?" she asks. "Never!" I say and she opens the door. I take her hand and sit her on the sofa. "Okay Roxie please don't be mad at me but I have to ask you something. I cant help but feel you are worried about your body size...." She looks up from the floor. "You think I'm fat too!?" she snaps. "No honey. Not at all! I think you have a beautiful body! Why on earth would you think you are fat?" I ask her shocked that she's thinking this. "Because of the news things" she says standing up and going to walk away. I grab her wrist and she winces. "What's wrong?" I ask her. "Nothing...." She says but unfortunately I don't believe her.

ROXIE'S POV:
⚠MENTIONS OF SH⚠

I didn't mean to do it. I swear. I just got upset and then.... It happened. I didn't mean to. Lizzie has come to speak to me but when I stand up she catches it. I wince as it hurts and I know straight away she thinks something is wrong. "Roxie. Please come here" she says and I do. I try and smile but my eyes are full of tears. "Please can you take your jumper off?" she asks me. "I don't have a top on" I say trying to find an excuse. She'll be so mad at me. "I don't care. You're going to be my daughter in a week." She says "Roxie please. I just want to check something" she says. I sigh as a tear falls down my cheek. "Are you mad?" I whisper. She moves over and wraps her arms around me carefully. "I'll never be mad at you honey. I just need to need to know if you've done something" I look down ashamed of myself. "I'm so sorry Lizzie!!" I sob. "Can I see? Let's go to the bathroom" she says helping me up. I cry all the way down to the bathroom and she sits me on the toilet lid. "Can I take your jumper off?" she asks me. I nod a little and she lifts it up. I haven't really seen them yet and when I look down at my stomach and arm I just cry even more. "Oh Rox. You poor thing. Come here" she says pulling me into a hug. "You aren't going to hurt me?" she asks. "No honey. Now can I clean them please?" she asks me. "No" I say. The last time a cut was cleaned Mr Richards used vinegar and alcohol. It hurt so badly I passed out. He told me that it would stop me from doing it again. Lizzie on the other hand got out fresh bandages, wipes and a lolly. "The lolly is if you behave" she teases making me laugh a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 1083 

Bit of a sad one today but at least Roxie is being adopted by Lizzie! :)