Chapter 25

LIZZIE'S POV:
After Rose and Roxie has a little blip Roxie was deep in thought. I tried speaking to her but she couldn't hear or just didn't want to respond. We decide to get out of bed so I end up carrying Rose down to the living room and Scar held Rox's hand. We stick a Disney movie on to keep Rose and Marley, who has now woken up, quiet. "Scar can you please watch the girls? I want to speak to Rox" Scar nods and sits next to Rose with Marley on her lap. "Rox? Can you come with me for a second?" I ask and Roxie nods, following me into the office. She sits on the mini sofa and I sit opposite her. "Am I in trouble?" She asks me looking scared. "No honey you aren't. I just wanted to ask you about something" I tell her and I see her relax a little bit. "Then why do you want to talk?" she asks. "I just want to know what's been going on with you baby..." I starts and Roxie looks down and starts playing with her fingers. Okay now I know that something is wrong. "I just want to leave here" she says and I nod slowly. I don't speak so she continues. "I don't fit in here. Nobody really likes me and Rose hates me. I don't want you to lose friends because of me. I can go and stay in another foster home where I fit in. I don't deserve you!" she says before bursting into tears. I go and sit next to her wrapping my arms around her but she pulls away. "Roxanne will you just let me give you a hug?" I say and she cuddles into me. I pull her onto my lap so she's facing me and she hides her face in my neck. I stroke her hair with one hand and rub her back with the other. "Are you serious when you say you want to leave?" I ask her. She nods and I feel tears sting my eyes. I don't want to say goodbye to my baby girl! "What will change your mind?" I ask and she shrugs. I nod trying so hard to keep the tears in. We hug each other for about ten more minutes before she walks of to her room.

ROXIE'S POV:

I'm sitting on my bed right now and I feel awful. I cant believe myself! Why did I tell Lizzie I didn't want to stay with her anymore. I don't know why I did it. I'm so stupid! I lie down and grab my phone. I open texts and decide to text Chris as he'll know what to do.

Roxie- Please can I have some advice?

Chris- Of course you can! What's up?

Roxie- I told Lizzie something and I think she's really upset

Chris- What did you say?

Roxie- That I didn't want to stay with her anymore

Chris- Why not?

Roxie- I don't fit in here!

Chris- Would it help to stay somewhere else for a while?

Roxie- What do you mean?

Chris- How about I phone Liz and ask her if you can spend the weekend with me and Dodger. Maybe you need some breathing space. You've both been cooped up together as you've been hurt.

Roxie- Okay yeah I mean that can work

I put my phone on my bed and sigh. Who's Dodger? I guess it's a friends nickname. I roll over and look at the time. It's four so I guess I can have a little nap. I'm so tired right now. I crawl under the covers and close my eyes.

LIZZIE'S POV:

Roxie goes off to her room and I go into mine and burst into tears. I cant help myself. I want her to stay with me because I love her so so so much! I try to hide my sobs so the others don't hear but Scar opens the door and sees me sat on my bed sobbing. She immediately rushes over, sitting on the bed and I fall into her. She wraps her arms around me as I cry onto her. She rocks me gently as she kisses me head. "Liz what's happened?" she asks me and I pull away from her wiping my eyes and nose on my sleeve. "Roxie said she... she wants t-to leave" I say. "What? Why?" Scar asks and I shrug. "I don't k-know I thought she likes it w-with me!" I say before starting to cry again. "I wanted to adopt her but I know s-she'll say no now!" My heart is breaking into a million pieces. I wish Roxie was my biological daughter so she wouldn't leave me like this. I think I know it's bad but I wish it was true. I wish her parents weren't her parents and that she was mine. Scar hugs me for a little while longer until the door opens. I look up and see Rose standing with a teddy in her hands. "Lizzie sad so I got Mr Hippo to make you happy!" Rose says cheerfully whilst climbing onto the bed and placing herself on my lap. I smile and wrap an arm around her. "Mr Hippo wants to make me happy?" I ask and Rose nods shoving the teddy in my face. Scar laughs and I take the hippo from Rose and give it a little cuddle. "You happy now?" Rose asks and I smile at her. "I do thank you Mr Hippo" I say. "Hey! I did it!" Rose giggles. I pull her onto the bed so she's on her back and tickle her belly. She wiggles around squealing as my phone starts ringing. "Liz you're phone" Scar says passing it to me. "Hello?" I say and I hear Chris on the other end of the phone. "Hey Liz. Look I'll keep this quick but Rox told me what happened and I offered if she wants to stay with me and Dodger tomorrow for the weekend. She said she does and it might help her clear her head. Is that okay with you?" Chris asks. She wants to leave me? Is she really wanting to go to a foster home? Have I don't a really bad job of taking care of her? Oh god I put my job and friends first. Roxie has had almost no attention from me unless she's been angry or upset. That must explain why she's been in such a mood lately as it's the only way to get my attention. I've been the worst foster mum ever! "Y-yeah that's fine. Can you fetch her and drop her off?" I ask "Of course I can!" Chris says. "I'll get her at 8am okay I gotta go love you Liz. Say hi to Scar and Rose for me" he says before ending the call. "Who was that?" Scar asks me. "Chris he says hi. Rox is going to stay with him tomorrow" I tell her. "He's fetching her at 8am" I say standing up and walking over to the bathroom to get changed into my pjs. Scar follows me leaving Rose on the bed playing with her teddy.

ROXIE'S POV:

I'm going to Chris's tomorrow at 8am. Hopefully we get to actually go out somewhere. I'm fed up of staying in this house. It's nice but I'm bored of it. I need new locations otherwise it reminds me of being stuck with Mr Richards and I don't want to think about that! I get up and decide to pack my bag ready for tomorrow. I haven't got much stuff except all the clothes Lizzie has bought me. I grab two outfits and cram them into the bag. I'll sort the rest out tomorrow. I go back into the kitchen and open the fridge. I'm hungry and bored so I want to cook something. Maybe eggs? I grab some bread, eggs and milk and make some scrambled eggs.

I hear Scarlett, Rose and Lizzie come in and sit down but I just keep cooking drowning them out. I grab four plates and serve the food up. "Here I made this" I say placing the plates in front of them. "I want peanut butter sandwich!" Rose says pushing the plate away but Scarlett pulls her onto her lap. "This is what we're eating for dinner Rose okay?" Scarlett says bringing the plate back in front of her. "Fine" Rose says as we all eat the food. "That was the best eggs I've ever eaten!" Lizzie says and I smile. "Thanks" I mumble before cleaning up and going back to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 1453

What have you guys done today?  :)