B2- Chapter 32

Roxie's pov:
After I pack I head downstairs and wait for Aunty Scarlett to come and fetch me before we go grocery shopping. "Bye Sparky. I'll miss you beautiful baby!" I say kissing his head. I hear the door knock and watch mum go to answer it so I find momma. "Bye momma!" I shout upstairs. "What? Where are you going?" momma asks me. "Aunty Scarlett's" I shout before running back to the front door with my stuff. "Okay honey. Be good for your Aunt" mum says kissing my head. "I will" I tell her hugging her quickly and then going out the front door. "Come on then trouble let's go shopping and then grab Rose from school" Aunty Scarlett says as I get into the front of the car. "Rose is in a bit of a bad mood because Colin ate the last banana and she wanted it" Scarlett chuckles as she drives to Rose's school. "You wanna come in and fetch her or stay here in the car?" she asks me. "I'll come with you please" I say getting out the car and taking Scarlett's hand as she leads me to Rose's classroom. "Are you sure that Rose wont mind...." I start as Rose's classroom door opens. "ROXIE!!" she squeals running and jumping at me. I only just catch her with the help of Scarlett who has her hand under Rose's legs so she doesn't fall. "Yeah I'm pretty sure she wont mind" Scarlett chuckles. "Can mummy has a kiss?" she asks as I put Rose back down on the floor. Rose kisses Scarlett and then takes my hand in her left and Scarlett's on her right. "We need to go to the store and grab some food for us all" Scarlett says lifting Rose up and clipping her into the car. "Is Roxie coming?" she asks. "I'm staying the night" I tell her. "YAY!" Rose squeals kicking her legs happily in her car-seat as she chatters on about her day.

We arrive at the store and Scar takes us inside grabbing a cart on the way in. "I want to go in the cart" Rose says lifting her arms up to Aunty Scarlett. She picks Rose up and puts her in the cart before taking my hand and going inside. "Mummy please can we get some jelly for dessert?" Rose asks. "What flavour?" "Strawberry!" Rose says as Scarlett grabs it and chucks it into the cart. We buy some more treats before actually getting ingredients we'll need for dinner. "Can I cook?" I ask her. "Of course! We can all cook together" Scar says. "Not Cosmo" Rose tells us. "Why not?" Scarlett asks. "Because he's only little. He cant cook" Rose tells me. "He's ten months old honey. He's pretty big" Scarlett tells her grabbing some more vegetables. "Ew mummy not swede! They're disgusting" Rose says as Scarlett puts it in the cart.

Scarlett's pov:
After we finish grocery shopping I let Rose get a toy and she chooses a new doll so she can play with Roxie later. You'd think they were sisters! We head out to the car and get Rose all strapped in before I drive home. "What shall we do when we get home?" I ask the girls. "Play!" Rose says. "I don't know" Rox mumbles. She's gone quiet since she got a text message. "You okay honey?" I ask her rubbing her knee. "I'm fine" she mumbles looking out the window. We all get out the car once I park on the drive and head inside. "We're home!" I call through the house and Colin appears holding Cosmo. "Well hey there baby boy!" I say taking Cos from Colin. "Hi Scarlett" Colin jokes. I roll my eyes and I hear Roxie chuckle as she helps Rose take her shoes off. "Shall we go and play with some toys? Say bye to daddy first" I say making Cosmo wave to Colin as he puts his coat on. "Rose come say bye to Colin" I call as she runs off upstairs. "Bye!" she shouts. "Can I take Cosmo?" Roxie asks. "Of course. You don't have to ask" I say handing Cos to Rox who takes him to the living room. "Have fun" I say to Colin kissing him before he leaves. "You too. I'll probably not be back till tomorrow morning but I'll try come home before Rose goes to school" he tells me kissing me again and leaving. I head into the kitchen to put all the stuff away when I hear Cosmo's cries. I go into the living room and see Cos crying. "What happened huh?" I ask picking him up from the floor. "Rose hit his leg with the barbie van by accident" Rox explains. "She fled before you came" she adds on laughing. "I can tell. Aw baby it's okay. Let's see if Rox can make you laugh" I say positioning him so he can see Rox who starts making faces and tickling him. He stops crying and starts giggling at her which makes me smile at how good she is and then it clicks. Cos probably reminds her of the baby we took care of when her home was shut down or whatever happened. "Does he remind you of the baby from your home?" I ask her. I didn't mean to blurt it out but I did and now I want to know her answer. "I guess so but like that was my past that I'm blocking out" she tells me. "Why?" she asks. "No I just wondered because you were so amazing with babies and Cos so I wondered" I say to her and she nods. "I wish I could see them again but I cant so I just have to forget them. Anyway on a less depressing topic... Can we play with Cos?" she asks me. "Of course we can build blocks. Does that sound good?" I ask Cos who babbles and kicks his legs, drooling everywhere.

We play with him and blocks for a while until Rose comes down feeling left out. "What shall we do then? We can start cooking in about an hour" I tell them as we head over to the sofa. We decide on watching Moana to Rose's request and it's pretty good. Rose loves it and laughs so much when the lobster crab thing starts singing. Roxie on the other hand it texting someone and she seems mad. "You okay?" I whisper to her. "Fine" she says still typing angrily. "Is it a friend?" I ask her. "Yeah someone at school who I am kinda friends with. They were saying horrible shi- stuff about my girlfriend!" she snaps at me. "Oh. Who's your girlfriend?" I ask her. "Izzy. The girl, Bella, was saying horrible stuff about her and me and I'm not having it anymore" she says. "Okay well stop messaging her before you say something you'll regret and come help me make some dinner. Rose is too engrossed in the movie she wont want to cook" I tell her standing up, sitting Cos on the sofa and then taking Roxs hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 1191 

Sorry if this is awful. It's 12:15am and i'm tired and angry 😂

Remember to eat, drink and sleep

I love you all 3000