Chapter 39

ROXIE'S POV:

I feel Lizzie carrying me to bed. I'm still half awake but I kinda like when I close to her. She lays me down on the bed and then she lies down too. I cuddle into her and fall into a deep sleep. I have another nightmare but it isn't as bad as the one earlier. I wake up a little sweaty with Lizzie looking at me. "Morning beautiful" she says moving some hair off my sweaty forehead. "Are you okay?" she asks me. I nod and yawn. "My ankle kills right now" I mumble pushing my face into the pillow again. "Come on Scar made you breakfast" Lizzie says rubbing my back. "Aw that's nice" I say sitting up. I go to walk but Lizzie catches my arm. "Nuh uh. Crutches please" she says handing them to me. "Do I have to?" I whine. "I have the cast that helps" I say taking a step. It's true it does take some pain away just not all of it. "Yes you do. Here I'll help you" she says putting an arm around my waist as I take the crutches. I slowly make my way through the apartment and see Scarlett looking worried on the sofa. As soon as she sees me she gets up and hugs me gently. "On the sofa missy" Lizzie says sitting me down. "And you don't move unless you need the loo or theres a fire" she tells me. "What if I see a celebrity? Oh wait- there's one right there!" I say pointing to Scarlett. "Ha ha. Now park that butt on the sofa now" she says taking my crutches away and laying them next to the sofa. She then pushes a stool up so I can rest my ankle. "You know you don't have to do this. I've broken many bones before and had no care about it" I tell her. She shakes her head "Nope that was your old life. In your new life mum wont leave your side!" she calls blowing me a kiss and going into the kitchen. I roll my eyes and turn the TV on. I hover over one of Lizzie's movies but decide to watch something more Christmassy. "What we watching?" Lizzie asks passing me a plate of pancakes. "Nativity" I tell her pressing play. "I like the tree's lights" I say watching the tree more than the TV. "It's very nice having it up isn't it. Honey what do you want for Christmas?" she asks me. "You know if I'm being honest all I've ever wished for was a family. I have one now so there's nothing else I want" I tell her. Lizzie's smiles sadly at me. "Well now you can have a proper Christmas with gifts and everything!" she tells me excitedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count- 469 

Sorry for the short chapter i've been wrapping impossible presents all evening! Hope you're liking this so far! :)