Chapter 47

SCARLETT'S POV:

"Oh no honey I'm sure that isn't true" I tell her. "It is. Everyone just gets fed up of me I guess" she mumbles picking at the skin around her nails. "Come here" I say opening my arms. She shuffles over to me and I wrap the blanket around us both. She snuggles into me and I look at her. "What do you want to watch?" I ask her. "One of your movies?" she asks. "I don't really like watching myself but I guess for you" I say turning the TV on. She smiles and takes the remote from me. "What to watch?" she mumbles to herself before clicking on 'Sing'. "Have you seen this before?" I ask and she nods. "But I don't care. I really like it" she says patting her lap. Sparky jumps onto us both and lies across us. We both pet him as we watch the movie.

"Do you need anything Rox?" I ask as were about half way through the movie and I don't get a response. I look down at her and see that she's fast asleep. I smile as my phone starts ringing. I grab it quickly so I don't wake Rox up and answer it without seeing the caller id.

Scarlett- Hello?

Lizzie- Hi? Are you okay? Why are you whispering?

Scarlett- Oh Rox is sleeping. Are you okay? Why are you calling is everything okay?

Lizzie- I just thought I'd tell you I'm coming back

Scarlett- And? There's something else. You sound really happy. Did you meet someone?

Lizzie- No.... well yes but we can talk about that later. I'm gonna come over and grab Rox is that okay?

Scarlett- Why wouldn't that be? She's your kid

Lizzie- I know but she sounded so disappointed earlier when I spoke to her and then I don't want her to be disappointed if she left you too

Scarlett- Oh no I think she just wants her mamma to be fair

Lizzie- Okay well I'm at the car now. I love you I'll see you in about twenty minutes okay?

Scarlett- Okay love you too Liz

I hang up and decide to watch more of the movie whilst plaiting her hair in little strands. Sparky whines a little so I pet him and stroke Rox's hair until I hear Liz open the door. She comes into the living room and smiles at us both cuddling. "Maybe I'll just leave her with you. She looks pretty happy" Liz says smiling and kneeling in front of Rox. She whispers her "Roxie wake up baby" and pushes some hair behind Rox's ear. Roxie moves a little before yawning and sitting up. "Momma" she says giving Lizzie a hug. "Hey baby" Liz says as Rox rubs her eyes like a little kid. "My leg hurts" she whines a little. "I know baby. Your medicine is on the counter at home. We can take some when we get back" Lizzie tells Roxie who nods slowly still half asleep. "Mamma?" she says to Liz. "Yes baby?" she asks looking at Rox who lifts her arms up. "I'm to fragile to walk" she whispers. Me and Lizzie laugh before she lifts Rox up and carries her over to the steps. "I'm just going to put your shoe and coat on okay?" Lizzie says as I manage to clip Sparky's leash onto him and take him to Lizzie and Rox. "Thanks for hanging out with me honey" I say kissing Rox's head. She smiles, yawn and hugs me before Lizzie lifts her up again and takes her to the car. I push Rox's wheelchair with crutches out with Sparky following me and get it all in the car before going around and seeing Rox asleep in the car. I put Sparky in on the backseat and shut the door before Lizzie hugs me from behind. "Thanks for watching my baby" she says into my ear. "Anytime." I say before adding "Now I have a babysitter for when I'm busy" Lizzie laughs and kisses my cheek. "See you tomorrow for Christmas!" Lizzie says getting into the car. She waves at me before driving away.

Word count- 686 

Just a little update whilst we wait to partyyy wooo 😂 Hope you all have a lovely evening!