Chapter 33

Roxie's pov:
"What are you doing?" Rose asks wandering into the kitchen and seeing us cooking dinner without her. "Cooking dinner honey" Scar says. "No! We we're doing it together!" Rose whines dropping to the floor. "Don't lie on the floor Rosey. Why don't you go and set the table?" Scar asks picking Rose up off the floor. "Fine" she mumbles running off to the dining room to set out the cutlery. Rose comes back about three minutes later and tugs on Scarlett's trousers. "What's up honey?" She asks picking her up. "I want to help!" She whines. "Come on then. You stir the pasta and mummy will make sure it doesn't splash on you" Scar says moving Rose to a better position where she can stir the pasta whilst I finish sorting out the vegetables.

"Okay Rosey can you go and sit at the table?" Scar asks Rose who nods and runs to the dining room. "How hungry are you sweetie?" Scarlett asks me. "Not very" I say. "Okay can you grab Cos? If he's asleep leave him" she tells me. I go into the living room and pick Cosmo up out of his rocker and carry him to the dining room, putting his bib on him and strapping him securely into the highchair. "Good boy" I say to him as Scar comes in with two plastic plates. "One for Rosey" she says putting an orange plate in front of her. "And one for Cos!" she says handing him the green one. "I'll get ours now honey" she says as I sit down on the chair. She comes back with mine and her food and sits next to me. "Don't feel like you have to eat it all honey. You don't have to" she tells me and I nod. I'll try my best to eat it all as I don't want it to feel like a waste but I'm not in a very eaty mood. I pick at my pasta a little before trying some. I've never had vegetable chicken pasta before but it's actually nice. (It's one of my favourite meals. I made it up one day by just throwing veg and chicken into a pan of pasta 😭😂. You should try it because it's really good!)

"All done mummy!" Rose says pushing her plate away. "Can I have ice-cream now?" She asks standing on her chair. "Wait for Roxie and mummy to finish first please" Scar tells her. "And you be careful on that chair. We don't want any injuries!" Scar adds on watching Rose mess around standing on the dining chair. "I'm finished" I tell Scarlett who looks at my almost empty plate. "Good job Rox. I'm proud of you" she says kissing my head and then grabbing our plates. "Rosey you stay here okay? What ice-cream flavour?" she asks. "Chocolate and Strawberry!" Rose answers. "Chocolate and strawberry!?" Scar jokes. "YESSS!" Rose shouts running to the kitchen. "Maybe ice-cream isn't the best option" Scarlett mumbles to me picking up Cosmo as we all go to the kitchen to choose our ice-cream.

Lizzie's pov:
"Okay dinner time!" I shout through the house. I've made a simple Carbonara for us to have as Roxie doesn't really like it and since she isn't here it's a good excuse to have it. Flo comes into the kitchen/diner with Lottie and sits her down on a chair before carrying the left over plate over to the table. "Thank you baby" I say to her sitting at the table. "Mummy I want a sister!" Lott says out of nowhere. "You want what?" Flo asks. "Sister!" she answers. "Honey you have a sister" I tell her. "I know but I want a baby one like Sophia!" she says eating her pasta. "Honey you aren't good enough behaved to have a sister!" Flo says making her giggle. "I want one though" she whines. "I know you want one but that isn't how it works. It's a very long wait for a sister and then you might get a brother" I tell her. "I don't want a brother" she says. "Exactly. You can't choose what gender the baby is" I tell her but I don't think she really understands given that she is four years old.

After dinner we have some cheesecake and then I text Roxie just checking in on her as I miss her. It feels strange not having her around after not being allowed to leave each other after like two years almost. I wonder what she's doing. I'll bet she's playing with Cos because she loves babies so much it was always great to see her with Lott when she was a baby but I doubt she'll want another sibling running around even though she loves little kids. She's found it quite hard having Lottie at home all the time recently and I can not have another baby! It'll be too much stress on me but I'm not sure how Flo would feel about it. I'll have to ask her before we go to bed.

"Alright missy" I say lifting Lottie up and sitting her on my lap. "I say we watch some TV, calm you down and then get you in the bath" I tell her as she giggles squirming around in my lap. "I say no!" she laughs. "What? You say no!?" I say acting surprised. "Yeah! I say no! And mummy always say you can say no" she says using my own wisdom against me. "That's very right but bath time is something you cant say no to!" I say tickling her. She laughs and wiggles around before snuggling into me. "I wan a sister" she mumbles again. "I know honey but mummy doesn't want another baby! You know how hard it is?" I ask her. "No" she says. "Well it's very hard. You know why?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "Because they always cry!" I say and she giggles. "No they don't" "They do. They cant talk. It's like with Cosmo" I tell her trying to give her examples. "But I wan someone to play with" she whines. "I know honey but you have mummy and momma" I tell her but she shakes her head. "I wan sister!" "Okay lets stop now before we have tears" I say kissing her head, brushing her baby hair's back and turning the TV on.

I put Cbeebbies on for Lott and go through my phone answering some work emails. Since WandaVision came out I've had lots of zoom interviews and such and I have one tomorrow. I'm not as anxious as it's at home but I'm worried Lottie might crash it as Flo is going out and Rox isn't here so there isn't anybody to watch Lottie. Oh well, I guess we'll have to cross that bridge when we get there!