Chapter 14

LIZZIE'S POV:
"I love you, baby. Please don't be mad at me. Why don't we do something whilst the little ones are napping?" I ask Roxie who looks up at me. "Can we just cuddle?" she mumbles. "Of course, we can! Let's get under the covers" I say grabbing the covers and lying down with me wrapping us both in the covers. "Can you talk to me?" she asks and I just talk. I tell her about the sets I've been on and the movies I've filmed, I tell her about growing up and what we can do when the little kids find foster homes. I feel her breathing even out and I smile knowing she isn't as mad at me as I thought she was.

We cuddle for one hour before I hear crying from the room the little ones are sleeping in. I wait to see if someone goes to fetch her but nobody does. I sigh before carefully moving Roxie off me and walking into the room to see Marley sitting up crying loudly. "Hey baby," I say lifting her. Marley stops crying as soon as I lift her up so I decide to take her to Roxie's room. I sit down on the bed and see Roxie sit up too. "Did I wake you?" I ask Roxie and she shakes her head but I can tell I did. Marley starts making babbling noises and we both look down at her and smile. "Can we play with her?" Roxie asks and I nod. We place Marley down on the bed and Roxie runs off to grab a toy for her. She comes back with a giraffe chew toy thing and passes it to me and we play until Autumn walks into our room. "Izzie up!" she says lifting her arms and I lift Autumn up onto Roxie's bed. "You want to play with Mar?" Roxie asks and Autumn nods before sitting down in my lap. Chris walks in looking stressed out. "Lizzie have you got any plasters?" he asks me. I nod "Why?" "Annie's fallen over and she cut her knee. She's fine she just wanted a plaster on it" I tell him where they are and go back to playing with Marley and Autumn.

After another hour of playing we hear screaming and I get up grabbing Marley and Roxie grabs Autumn and we go into the living room to see Payton lying on the floor with Scar sitting on the sofa looking very stressed out. "What's wrong with Payton?" I ask passing Marley to Scar. "She wants the woman on the TV to wear a pink dress... I don't know how to stop her crying" Scar says and I turn the TV off before grabbing a few barbies off the floor and sitting down allowing Payton to cry. When she stops she sits up and wipes her nose before grabbing a barbie from me. "You wanna play?" she nods and I play with Payton, Roxie plays with Annie, Ruban, and Autumn, Scar plays with Marley and Josh whilst Chris plays with Belle and Charlie outside. It's pretty calm in the house until somebody knocks on the door. I get up lifting Payton with me as she's being pretty clingy since her meltdown and go answer the door. I see a posh-looking woman standing at the door with a folder in her hands. "Hello are you miss Olsen?" she asks me. "Yeah, I am" I answer as Payton grabs some of my hair and starts trying to tie it up. "I'm here to collect Ruban and Belle from your care," she says and I let her in. "Roxie, can you fetch Ruban and Belle please?" I call through the house and after a moment of waiting, I hear them coming down the corridor. I see Ruban is crying as he and Charlie are close from what I can tell and Belle just looks fed up. "I'm Miss Winters and I' m here to take you to your new foster home! It's so pretty!" the woman says and the kids get their shoes on and grab their mini rucksacks. "Thanks, Lizzie!" Belle says hugging me before walking out but Ruban is holding onto Charlie refusing to leave. Chris comes through and sees the scene and manages to hand Ruban over before taking Charlie's hand stopping him from running after them. As soon as the door shuts Charlie runs off to the big kid's room before locking the door. We decide to give him some space before thinking about what dinner can be given that some kids had pizza and some had sandwiches. Scarlett comes up with Marley in her arms. "Lizzie I'm so sorry but Colin wants to know if I can go back home for tonight. He said he wants to cook us something. I can say no..." Scar starts but I interrupt her. "You have helped me so much Scar. Go home and have a nice meal with Colin. I promise I'll be okay. I have Chris and my big girl over there" Roxie blushes after hearing what I say and Scar leaves.