Ch 10 | Consequences

Y/N's POV:

"Rise and shine!" Kai yells, blinding you as he yanks your curtains open. "Today's the day we take down toxic masculinity!"

"Go away," you groan, rolling over to bury your face in the soft polyester fabric of your pillow. "It's too early."

"Woman it's noon," he scoffs, placing his hands on his hips.

"It is?" you mumble, pushing yourself up to grab your glasses and look at the clock, another loud groan leaving your lips when it reads 11:56am. You had a hard time falling asleep last night, your mind racing about how tonight's going to go.

"Get up," he says. "Namjoon's here."

"Why?" you yawn, stretching your arms up over your head. "There's so much time before we have to be ready."

"Did you forget what I said?" he asks angrily, yanking the blanket off your body. "You need to look hot as fuck tonight when that bastard's world crumbles. Namjoon!" he yells. "She's clothed. You can come in."

"Good morning beautiful," he chuckles, looking hot as fuck in just a tan sweater and blue jeans, his hair falling loosely over his forehead with some glasses sitting on his nose.

There's no way you don't look like an absolute mess right now. You have your thick glasses on, your hair was in a bun when you went to sleep, and you're in an oversized neon orange pumpkin shirt with black spandex shorts. Instead of panicking about your appearance you just sigh and lay back down, pretending all this is just a dream.

"Get your ass in the shower," Kai barks. "I'm your fairy godmother today. Right now you look like Shrek but when I'm done with you you'll look like the bad bitch that you are."

"Okay first of all Shrek is hot," you roll your eyes. "Second, can I at least have my coffee first?"

"I'll make it while you shower," he grins. "Now get up, we have a long day ahead of us."

Eventually he has Namjoon help him drag you out of your bed against your will, throwing you into the bathroom and shutting the door. You decide to be a brat and take a really long shower but they don't complain; they patiently wait for you to get all washed up and come out wearing a pale yellow hoodie and charcoal leggings.

"I thought you'd be more excited than this," Kai frowns, handing you your Nala mug. "Don't you want to see his face?"

"I do," you nod. "I was up all night picturing it."

"Then why are you all mopey this morning?" Namjoon asks as he takes a picture of Nala rubbing her face on his leg.

Maybe Nala is Army and that's why she warmed up to Yoongi so quickly.

"It's just going to be hard," you sigh, taking the seat next to Namjoon at your kitchen table. "I want him to know he was wrong. I want him to feel bad for what he's done to me. And I definitely can't wait to find out what he does with Aera when the truth comes out."

"Then what's the issue?" Kai asks, taking a sip of his coffee.

"When I saw him cry the other day..." you pause, trying to think of the right words. "I don't know. It just didn't feel as good as I thought it would. I still want to go through with this, it's just a lot emotionally. Does that make sense?"

"It does," Namjoon nods, making you relax just slightly. "I'm in the same boat. Of course I don't like to see my older brother hurting but he needs to learn his lesson. There are consequences to his actions."

Kai eyes you up and down suspiciously before asking, "Do you still care for that prick?"

Your hesitation gives him the answer straight away.