Ch 2 | Disappear

Flashback: six months ago

Y/N's POV:

"Hi, I'm Jimin," the beautiful man beamed, his smile so wide his eyes disappeared.

"Hi," you grinned, giving a small bow. "I'm [Y/N]. I look forward to working with you."

Mr. Song, the head of staffing for BTS, called you to offer you a promotion a week before this meeting. You almost fell out of your seat when he mentioned who you'd be working with, and your heart almost came to a stop when he said you'd been hand selected by him as well.

It was 2pm on a Sunday and you were sitting in front of Mr. Song, Park Jimin, and Kim Namjoon, the sight before you almost surreal. Jimin and Namjoon were both in similar outfits and hairstyles, white tops with denim pants, but Namjoon was in a sweater and blue jeans while Jimin was in a t-shirt and black jeans.

"Do you know why I selected you as my makeup artist?" Jimin asked as you shifted in your seat

"Well, I was hoping it was because of my incredible skills," you said playfully which made him and Namjoon burst into laughter.

"To be fair, I wouldn't have selected you if I wasn't confident in your skills as a makeup artist," he said, filling you with a bit of pride. "But there's another reason. It's because I know I can trust you."

"Trust me?" you questioned with a brow raised. "Do you know me?"

"No," he shook his head. "And that's exactly why I trust you..." He paused and nervously looked down at his hands. "I know you saw me in the dressing room that day."

Your breath hitched as you recalled the sight of Jimin's lips pressed to another man's a few weeks prior. You'd accidentally stumbled into his dressing room thinking it was someone else's, and you were able to slip out unnoticed. At least you thought you were.

"I swear I didn't say anything," you said quickly, tensing up in nervousness. "It's not my business."

He chuckled before he placed his hand on your knee and said, "I know you didn't say anything, and that's why I trust you. There's a lot of people that would've run to the tabloids after seeing that. You could've made millions if you'd gotten a photo."

"O-oh no," you shook your head, waving your hands out in front of you. "I would never do something like that. One of my closest friends is gay and he'd kick my ass if I ever exposed someone like that without their permission."

Namjoon gave a warm smile next to Jimin, which helped you relax a little bit. The kindness in his eyes melted you, making you feel like everything really was okay.

"Exactly," Jimin chuckled. "And that's why I want you on my team. You're someone I can trust, and now that you know my secret, you probably won't fall in love with me either."

You raised a brow and looked him up and down. "I mean... I guess. But why is that important?"

"His previous makeup artist just had to quit because she was in love with him," Mr. Song said, making your jaw slack. "The only people aware of Jimin's sexuality are the other members, myself, Bang PD, a handful of staff members, and some of Jimin's closest friends."