Ch 44 | Dumbfounded

⚠️❗️ANNOUNCEMENT❗️⚠️
***The title of this story is changing.
Please read the author's notes at the
end of this chapter for more info***

As usual, thank you to everyone who reads, votes, and comments. You'll all be written into my will. Ily borabitches.

___________________

Y/N's POV:

"You didn't tell him?" Namjoon gapes.

"I-I didn't even think about it," you stutter, staring at the bathroom door Yoongi just closed behind him. "All I said was that you and I were only physically intimate; that there weren't any emotions involved."

"No wonder he didn't look super happy with me earlier," Namjoon chuckles, making your brows raise.

"What do you mean?"

"When the wine splashed onto your clothes; he gave me a look when I told you to go grab something of mine."

"Shit, so that did upset him?" you frown, gripping the hem of Namjoon's brown hoodie. "Kai told me to be more careful about that stuff."

"Well, this is reality," he sighs. "You know my place well, and you've worn many of my clothes. Are we supposed to act awkward and tiptoe around things?"

"No," you mumble, looking down at your feet. "I just feel bad."

It's not that you regret doing things with Namjoon. He's someone who helped you heal and feel beautiful again after being broken down. But you do wish things could be different. You wish things like this didn't hurt him.

"I'm sure telling him we never actually slept together will help," Namjoon smiles. "Your body count is low for a reason. You weren't in love with me so you didn't sleep with me."

"Yeah," you sigh, frustratedly running your hand through your hair. "I'll talk to him. Maybe it was too soon for a party like this."

"He'll be fine," Namjoon chuckles. "Let me know if you want me to talk to him, okay?"

"Okay," you nod. "Thanks Joon." He gives you a quick hug and you go stand outside the bathroom door and lean back against the wall with yours and Yoongi's drinking glasses in each hand. You're trying not to get in your own head but it's not working very well.

Yoongi doesn't get to hold anything against you, because everything you did was after he brutally dumped you. You were single and had the power to do whatever you wanted. But that doesn't mean you want him to be hurt by anything. He's been through hell and back, he doesn't need any more heartache.

The door clicks open after a few minutes and you stand up straight, making Yoongi jump nearly ten feet in the air as he gasps. "Jesus Christ, woman," he says shakily with his hand over his chest. "You scared the shit out of me."

"I can see that," you giggle, handing him his glass. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry," he says, breaking eye contact. "I'm good, had a stomach ache all of a sudden."

"G, things with me and Joon nev-"

"I don't really want to hear it," he says, nervously gripping the back of his neck. "I'm not mad at you or anything but I'm not interested in hearing details."

"But we really didn-"

"[Y/N], please," he frowns, meeting your gaze again. Your stomach sinks at the pain in his eyes and you know this isn't good. "Not right now."