Ch 40 | Enough Already

Y/N's POV:

"Oh, shit."

Jungkook's face gets paler as yours gets hotter, both embarrassment and fury coursing through you. The room is painfully still for a few seconds, all three of you frozen in shock until Jungkook gasps and gives a full 90 degree bow.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry please continue I'll come back later," he blurts out as fast as he can before quickly sprinting out of the room, slamming the door shut.

You blink at the empty space, your overstimulated brain having a hard time keeping up. Yoongi's hands squeeze your hips, making your breath hitch as he brings you back to reality.

"Sorry about him," he chuckles, your nervous eyes snapping to his. "I guess he didn't know you came back today."

"Jesus," you exhale, slumping forward to rest your head on his shoulder. "That was so many emotions at one time." His strong hands smooth over your back, your body fully relaxing against him as he nuzzles his face into the crook of your neck.

"I know," he sighs, his body melting into yours too. "I definitely didn't expect that reaction from you, my heart almost came out of my ass."

You let out an ugly snort, pushing off his chest to look in his eyes. "G, you moved into a new mansion on the other side of town just to make me more comfortable. I know it was for you, too, but you wouldn't have done it if you weren't trying to make this work for us."

"We both need a fresh start," he smiles, tucking your hair behind your ear. "We deserve it after everything that's happened. And I want to make sure we have the best possible chance of success. So if that meant getting rid of the place that caused you the most pain, I didn't have to think twice about it."

"You're crazy," you say shakily, tears brimming in your eyes as you cup his cheeks. "You don't even know if we're going to make it."

"We will," he says confidently, grabbing your wrists and making your heart flutter. "We're going to be just fine. We can make new memories here." He looks over at his nightstand and a few more tears fall down your face when you see the picture frame you got him. "Slowly," he says, pulling your attention back to him. "Overtime. We'll get back to the way we were. I'm in no rush."

"No," you shake your head, making him a little confused until he sees the sad smile on your face. "We'll be better than before, remember?"

"You're right," he chuckles, almost blinding you with that gummy smile. "Way better than before."

The two of you get lost in each other's eyes before hearing a thump from downstairs, reminding you of your situation. You look down at your half naked body and heat up in embarrassment.

Jeon Jungkook actually walked in on me shirtless, you panic to yourself.

"He has the attention span of a toddler," Yoongi chuckles, noticing your reaction. "He's probably already forgotten."

"I don't know if I feel relieved or insulted," you snort, climbing off of his lap and slipping your hoodie back on. The two of you stand up and dust yourselves off before heading down the stairs to find Jungkook stuffing his face with cheese puffs at the kitchen island.

"I know it's been a while since I've dated but you're going to have to learn how to knock on my door again," Yoongi says, making Jungkook huff out a laugh.

"Sorry, Hyung," he chuckles, flashing his bunny smile. "I thought [Y/N] was coming back tomorrow." He waves at you like nothing even happened, instantly relaxing your shoulders.

Jungkook is probably the best member to have walked in on that scene, since you know him the least. It's not so personal. Yoongi also told you how incredibly supportive he's been of you two, so you feel safe around him.