Ch 14 | Professionalism

Y/N's POV:

The smell of kimchi and fresh bread fill Namjoon's apartment, making your upset stomach growl for the first time in a long time.

"Here," Namjoon says, putting a piece of kimchi pancake into your mouth. You slowly chew on it, flipping over the new one that's being cooked in a pan. Namjoon shuffles around behind you, setting the breakfast table for when Kai and Jimin arrive. Your eyes are a little glazed but you're able to cook a few pancakes and some hangover soup with no issues. You both transfer all the food to his breakfast table and you take a seat on the bench.

"We should probably talk about us before they get here," Namjoon says, handing you your coffee and taking the seat next to you. "Jimin's going to ask."

You nod, looking down at your lap. Last night seems like a lifetime ago already but your overstimulated brain is having a hard time processing everything.

Min Yoongi finally apologized to you. It was genuine, sincere, and everything you'd wanted to hear. He cried for you, he begged you on his knees, apologizing over and over and over again. A huge chunk of your heart has been healed but you're still sad. There's still a bowling ball that rests on your chest, reminding you things aren't okay yet.

After you walked out of the room last night, Namjoon tried shielding you from the rest of the party but it didn't work very well. Seokjin and Jungkook immediately noticed your makeup was gone and your eyes were swollen and red. And of course JK was already pretty drunk so he shouted across the room to ask if you were okay, letting everyone know something was wrong, including Jimin.

He was also feeling pretty drunk and ran over to you, cupping your cheeks in his hands.

"What the hell happened in there?" he asked, tears already brimming in his eyes as he searched your swollen face.

"I just don't feel good," you lied, feeling desperate to get out of that apartment. That was supposed to be Jimin's night, not yours. But it was clear the night was already ruined. Jimin wasn't going to let this go. He started getting more upset, demanding that you tell him what's wrong which only made you feel worse. Your mind couldn't handle any more big talks.

Kai walked over to the three of you and put his hand on Jimin's shoulder. "Babe, give her some space," he said softly, noticing the pure exhaustion in your eyes. He seemed a bit tipsy but was otherwise fine. "She wants to tell you but let her wait until tomorrow."

Jimin started to protest but all it took was one look from Kai to shut him up. "F-fine," he mumbled, looking back over at you. "But I don't like this. I don't like that my friend is hurting. Please can we talk tomorrow?"

"Come over around 9," Namjoon said, placing his strong hand on your back. "We were planning to invite you over Sunday but let's move it to tomorrow instead."

"Okay," Jimin nodded, his arms wrapping around your shoulders to hug you tightly. "I love you, [Y/N]."

A few tears spilled over your lashes because that's the first time he's ever said that to you. "I love you too, Jimin," you said shakily. "Thank you for being patient with me."

"Of course," he nodded, looking at you with genuine worry and concern. "Go get some sleep and I'll see you tomorrow."

So that's how things ended up happening today instead of tomorrow. You stayed at Namjoon's and he gave you a toothbrush and let you shower, lending you some of his oversized clothes to wear to bed. You're currently just in one of his massive gray hoodies and your underwear, but the hoodie is plenty long, almost the same length as your dress from last night.

"Should we stop this flirtationship?" Namjoon asks, taking your hand in his. "I know you originally wanted to use this to let Hyung know you didn't need him."